|Sea Peoples, the / Ocean Green, Ocean Blue & Wint|
|Album:||Ocean Green, Ocean Blue & Wint||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sea Peoples, the||Added:||12/2004|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2005-04-10||Pull Date:||2005-06-12|
|Week Ending:||5 Jun||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr|
|1.||May 30, 2005:||Lost and Found |
All My Love Is a Flowering B
|4.||Apr 14, 2005:||Eran Mukamel |
|2.||Apr 27, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
Home Town Blues
|5.||Apr 12, 2005:||The Panoply |
A Saucerful of Secrets
|3.||Apr 19, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Mixture of twangy, pensive, lo-fi indie pop, and sort-of classic rock. Made by two guys from Australia. Band formed in 2003. Sometimes raw, but not bad. First few songs focus more on single-string guitar melodies as accompaniment, as opposed to chords. Drums mostly gentle high hat. Second half of album tends to have stronger guitar and slightly faster tempos.|
1) “Say It Again” (4:36). Kind of twangy guitar, bass, lazy drums, and tambourine. 0:18 male vox introduced, which favors the long vowel sounds (though doesn’t stay for whole song). 2:11 slows down with signal from high hat, which takes more precedence until about 2:30, but remains stronger. Then focus on guitar melody. 3:53 gets quieter. 4:08 drums focus on slow snare. End at 4:27.
2) “Rusty” (3:42). Mid-tempo guitar. Slightly faster than previous song. 0:15 vox, more normal-sounding than previous song. End at 3:35.
3)*“Hometown Blues” (3:45). Mostly vox and guitar, with whispery high hat and bass. After 2:00, guitar gets echo-ier at times (as vox stop to let guitar have spotlight). After 3:00, more focus on bass. End at 3:39.
4) “Waves” (2:05). Slow-galloping guitar and bass intro. Slow-rolling drums at 0:09. 0:26 vox, which are slightly whiny. Neil Young-ish?
5)“All My Love Is A Flowering Bush” (3:56). Nostalgic guitar melody intro, bass, consistent gentle high hat. 0:57 vox.
6)*“Clouds” (3:13). Guitar chords! A bit more classic rock-like. Mid-tempo. End at 3:08.
7) “Snow Blue” (15:31). A mother of an instrumental. Of course, slow, quiet intro. Intro: spacey-ish guitar echoes. Rolling high hat for a bit. After 1:00 settles into a guitar loop with slow ratatat drums. 1:37 guitar and drums change. Ridiculously high guitar (or something else?) peeps in its own harmony around 2:30. Back to echo-y after 2:45. 3:17 back to “normal.” 3:50 stronger, more distorted guitar kicks ups to mid-tempo. 5:00 guitar echoes start to get longer and slightly closer to wannabe-epic sounding. 6:09 guitar buildup, imitated by high hat. 7:00ish guitar pluck echoes get repetitive, hypnotic. 9:28 drums get more varied. Guitar speaking more. End at 15:23.
8)* “Matthew Flinders” (4:02). Mid-tempo. Neil Young?
9)*“Loverboy” (16:41). An even bigger mother of a song. Lonely, anguished guitar, with bass, high hat in before 0:20. 1:37 more guitar distortion, seems more anguished. 2:40 almost a solo guitar, but other instruments still there. 2:53 quieter. 3:27 build up back. 4:58-5:05 silent. Comes back with creepy, dreamy guitar. 5:28 drums creep back in, getting faster at 5:56. 11:58 quiet to commanding distorted guitar, 12:21 high hat only, 12:27 guitar slowly comes back.14:26 quiet, drums and guitar creep back. End at 16:37.
10)*“Lay My Heart” (4:25). Opens with drums. 0:15 electric rockin’ guitar. Male distorted vox bordering on screaming vox, but not quite. Ends abruptly.
11) “Displaced” (3:01). Back to lo-fi. Quiet acoustic guitar opening. Non-distorted male vox. End at 2:51.
12) “A Saucerful Of Secrets” (8:07). Instrumental. Repetition of basic guitar loop, but with varying loudness and accompaniment by drums and bass.
13) Bonus Track (3:38). Mid-tempo instrumental until 1:48, when slightly echo-y vox enter and stay (mostly “ahh-ahh” and some “eeyy-eeyy”). End at 3:32.
|1.||Say It Again||7.||Snow Blue|
|3.||Home Town Blues||9.||Loverboy|
|4.||Waves||10.||Lay My Heart|
|5.||All My Love Is a Flowering B||11.||Displaced|
|6.||Clouds||12.||A Saucerful of Secrets|