|Polemic / Plastic on the Mouth Hole|
|Album:||Plastic on the Mouth Hole||Collection:||General|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2005-03-06||Pull Date:||2005-05-08|
|Week Ending:||8 May||24 Apr||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||May 04, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
Coup De Grace
|4.||Mar 11, 2005:||Distraction-Limited |
|2.||Apr 20, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
Summified Malignant, Coup De Grace
|5.||Mar 09, 2005:||Robotic Soundtracks |
|3.||Mar 13, 2005:||Robot Talent Show |
Coup De Grace
|6.||Mar 08, 2005:||The Devils Collective x 3/2 |
Plastic on the Mouth Hole
Interesting dramarock from Athens, GA. Power chords, dramatic, touches anything from punk, loud post-rock, Paik-like distorted soundscapes, Joy Divisionish emo, goth, screams, acoustic ballads, bag of stuff, all interesting, ass kicking. Female vocals mostly. Start: 5, 8, 2 (FCC), 4, 7.|
1. Mid tempo prominent drum beat leads with, laconic female vox, backing vox, electric guitar and feedback.
2. FCC ("Shit") * Urgent drumming and bassline, processed female vox correspond with dreaminess, goth and dreamy and loud at the same time, guitar bursts. Picks up midway, loud and screamy, great eastern-like riff. *
3. FCC ("Motherfuck"). Mid tempo swing with screams and laconic delivery alternating, big chords chorus. Last 50 seconds are very quiet.
4. * Quiet, Bass playing with dramatic male vox. Nice. *
5. [8:04] ** Wow, dramatic guitar ballad-like opening, stormy drums, dark chorus, power chords, brooding bass, sonic explorations. **
6. * Ripping guitar, screams starts but most is chant-like, drums and screams, light guitar work.
7. [7:48] * Starts with laughter. Does anybody remember laughter? Then Page-like riff, quiet, extended exploration, becomes quiet and louder again, gloomy. Laughter ends. *
8. [7:31] ** Modem (first 30 secs). Dramatic, powerful, big chords change into almost hardcore soundscape, alternating with dark distortion and noise. Supercool. **
9. [Short+Hidden track!] *Acoustic strum with dreamy female vox, monotone with stark feel, dark background, ends at –7:50. *
[Hidden]. Starts –2:44 of track 9. Strange synthesized buzzy notes, spoken vox collage, repeat, end.
|1.||Turn Your Head Around||5.||Funny|
|2.||Hit Bottom Now||6.||Plastic on the Mouth Hole|
|4.||Their Chaos||8.||Coup De Grace|