heartfelt indie singer songwriter stuff. it has a home recording feel, though it’s not lo-fi. somewhat shaky male vocals (sometimes with f . lots of acoustic guitar and piano. lots of simple and beautiful songs. Comparable to Bright Eyes in a way. Sometimes like Elliott Smith I’d recommend it.
My picks: 1, 8 FCC: clean
1. starts just guitar and vox. pianos, drums and f-harmonies add later and it builds.
2. waltz-time strummed guitar. block chord piano. nice accordion and trumpet interweaving
3. more rockin’ (and poppy). electric guitar, drums, bass.
4. acoustic guitar and m+f vox. simple. nice
5. block chord piano and vocals (m, f later). simple and pretty.
6. acoustic guitar and vocals.
7. rockin’. distorted guitar and drums.
8. long (7:08). slow. harmonica, guitar and simple drums. sparse. nice piano and f vox parts added later. nice distorted guitar solo near the end.
9. piano and vox (m, f later).
10. rockin’ drums. piano, guitar. sort of stops and starts again about halfway through. builds. shouting vocals near the end.