|D.S.R. / Vocals|
|Add Date:||2005-03-06||Pull Date:||2005-05-08|
|Week Ending:||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Mar 16, 2005:||The Panoply |
|4.||Mar 09, 2005:||Robotic Soundtracks |
|2.||Mar 14, 2005:||Selectronica |
|5.||Mar 07, 2005:||the ox and the hammer show |
|3.||Mar 12, 2005:||The Dog and Pony Show |
|6.||Feb 28, 2005:||Selectronica |
AMAZING underground indiepop -- literally. Daniel Severin Rafn (D.S.R.) spent 8 years recording this album in his basement. The result is stunningly beautiful, lushly melodic electronic art pop.|
All are addictive, especially: 1, 6, 10
***1. Electronic chimes, guitar, overdubbed vocals. So catchy!
2. Drum machine, sparse, instrumental end.
3. Melancholy guitar, vocals to match. Slow and lovely!
4. Guitar meets 80s computer. Nice harmonies/midway breakdown.
5. Clicky start, pondersome.
***6. Yes!! Upbeat, addictive melody, heartbreakingly awesome!
7. Whispered, layered vocals. Sounds like Garden State soundtrack by the end.
8. Military drum, melodic and plodding.
9. Oboe meets computer game, vocals after 2 min.
*10. A vocal sea, soft and slow -- a nice lullaby.
|5.||Foam Hands||10.||The Surface|