|Fanfare Savale / Speed Brass of the Gypsies|
|Album:||Speed Brass of the Gypsies||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2005-02-27||Pull Date:||2005-05-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar||13 Mar|
|1.||Dec 27, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Suita Lui Erno
|4.||Apr 14, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Apr 30, 2005:||On The Warpath |
|5.||Apr 10, 2005:||Subcutaneous Phycomycosis |
Sarba De La Chisinau
|3.||Apr 23, 2005:||the Dog and Pony Show |
|6.||Apr 07, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
Oh my heavens, Ethel, they play so very fast indeed! From a small village in Romania comes this band of 11 who combine Gypsy brass with Balkan folk and then everyone does double shots of espresso and takes speed and they all get insane. When do these guys breathe? You’ll be amazed at how fast they play. Most tracks very short. Fascinating stuff, especially these:|
2. Hyper fast. Like a slapstick frenzy.
3. Driving march-like w/vocals. Not as fast as some.
4. Buzzing-quick vocals into wicked fast brass.
6. A quirky oom-pah romp w/vocals.
7. Like it should play behind someone spinning plates.
10. Bring on the circus! Quick! Bring it on! Now!
12. Clarinet adds a touch of klezmer…only on speed.
13. Has an odd galloping quality.
15. Big, bright, and brassy. A bit more melodic than some.
17. Seizure-inducing fast.
20. Folksy & slower w/vocals.