quirky, often dark, danceable bedroom synth electro-pop debut album from Aqueduct (we have one EP by him—it’s basically one guy—as well). This is just fun and infectious! Influences from 80s and early 90s songs. Might draw comparisons to Barcelona or Stereo Total. Some piano. They have its own sound, though. lots of synths. Real and programmed drums. Self-conscious but not in an annoying way lyrics about the “heat I’m packing” to a song about growing up with Guns N Roses.
My picks: 2, 3, 4, 8 FCC: 8, 9
1. mid-tempo with piano and lots o synths.
2. quirky lyrics with a solid synth backing and a heavy beat.
3. starts with drums and 70’s space sounding keyboards. heavy drums continue except for the chorus.
4. alternating parts without and with drums. pretty poppy bridge part
5. more of a ballad. slow. piano. the vocals remind me of Pinback at times.
6. a dance tune. sort of dissonant. sparse at times
7. slower. falsetto vocals.
8. FCC (“fucked at 0:38 in) faster. guitar, crazy space synths. my head is going side-to-side and nodding!
9. FCC (“fucked” at 0:28). sparse beginning. guitar. builds to full.
10. 80s synth ballad without words
11. flute and piano. more synths later.