|Crooked Fingers / Dignity and Shame|
|Album:||Dignity and Shame||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-03-06||Pull Date:||2005-05-08|
|Week Ending:||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr||27 Mar||20 Mar|
|1.||Oct 04, 2022:||Zootopia |
|4.||Sep 04, 2022:||Zootopia |
|2.||Sep 28, 2022:||Zootopia |
Call To Love
|5.||Aug 30, 2022:||Zootopia |
|3.||Sep 13, 2022:||Zootopia |
Dignity And Shame
|6.||Aug 24, 2022:||Zootopia |
Call To Love
countrified indie, alt.country, Americana, neo-folk, etc from Eric Bachman’s (formerly of Archers of Loaf) Crooked Fingers. The only remnant of that old band is Bachman’s rough voice which juxtaposes nicely with the softer music. reminds me of everything from the Red House Painters to My Morning Jacket to Damien Jurado to some Will Oldham stuff to poppier influences. often nice rhythm on vocal melodies. The sort of album where the songs grow on you I think. I’ll probably be in love with it by the end of the week. |
My picks: 2, 5, 6, 7, 11
1. some Spanish flavah. Spanish guitar. trumpet, congos. no vox
2. slowish cello, guitar, drums at the beginning, goes into fairly up-tempo song.
3. more rockin’, straight drums and guitar.
4. piano. pretty poppy chorus.
5. slowish. piano. sparse drums. builds. nice distorted guitar solo. long fade out.
6. my favorite. med-slow. guitar and vocals. slide guitar. fade out ending
7. up-tempo. about drunken peeping on a girl. nice trumpet parts.
8. dark with militaristic drums.
9. med-slow. m+f vox.
10. guitars (distorted and not). busy/ intense ending.
11. oom-pah piano. nice semi-melodic bass line. drums enter. build near the end.
12. piano and vox. he pronounces things funny during the chorus.
|3.||Call to Love||9.||Sleep All Summer|
|6.||You Must Build a Fire||12.||Dignity and Shame|