|Stevenson Ranch Davidians, the / Stevenson Ranch Davidians, the|
|Album:||Stevenson Ranch Davidians, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Stevenson Ranch Davidians, the||Added:||03/2005|
|Label:||<No Label Info>|
|Add Date:||2005-05-22||Pull Date:||2005-07-24|
|Week Ending:||17 Jul||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May|
|1.||Fri, 15 Jul 05:||Riina|
|4.||Fri, 03 Jun 05:||Riina|
|2.||Fri, 10 Jun 05:||Riina|
|5.||Wed, 25 May 05:||Murray|
|3.||Thu, 09 Jun 05:||Connie|
Strange Attractor - Thursday Daylight Edition
|6.||Wed, 25 May 05:||Connie|
Self-released EP of shoegazing, British pop sounding music from this suburban Southern Californian quartet. At best the band achieves its goal of psyched-out and pretty, lush instrumentation, with ample amounts of tambourines. The influences are easy to make out—think Spiritualized but get Dandy Warhols and the Verve? At worst the lyrics are trite. The singer's tries for sounding pained yet detached. FCC clean.|
1. This is possibly the worst track on this EP. It never gets past the annoying chorus. Abuse of irony.
2. Repetitive lyrics; never really builds much momentum.
3. Begins a little heavier/dirtier and overall much darker than other tracks. Things are getting better. Nice climatic ending.
**4. Cool spacey effect runs throughout song. Restrained vocals.
5. Some female background vocals. A little spooky love song.
6. More optimistic, a little upbeat but still slow.
|1.||Nothing's Cliche||4.||What Goes Around|
|2.||Getting By||5.||Subliminal Lover|
|3.||No Tomorrow||6.||Better Day|