|Reinhardt, Ismael / Gypsy Swing|
|Artist:||Reinhardt, Ismael||Added:||Mar 2005|
|Label:||Arc Music Inc.|
|Add Date:||2005-04-17||Pull Date:||2005-06-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 19||Jun 12||Jun 5||May 29||May 22||May 15||May 8||May 1|
|1.||Jun 14, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
It Had to Be You
|4.||May 25, 2005:||Junk: The Best of Jazz n' Funk |
Sweet Georgia Brown, There Is no Greater Love, Minor Swing
|2.||Jun 07, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian - Tokyo |
|5.||May 24, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Jun 01, 2005:||Junk: The Best of Jazz n' Funk |
There Is no Greater Love, Minor Swing
|6.||May 24, 2005:||Eclectica: Supersystem and DDM |
He’s somehow related to Django, but they don’t say how – so it can’t be all that close. This is really more jazz than world, but Gypsy jazz tends to blur the line so we’ll keep in here. Entirely adequate, though not entirely exciting. Bass, guitar, violin, some vocals. All standards. All with a small club sound.|
*1. Light, happy, and very nicely done.
2. Good. Not as good as the master, but bright & clean.
3. Lyrical & jaunty version of Autumn Leaves.
4. Sinatra-esque vibe in this violin-driven classic.
*5. Bright & bouncy w/nicely tripping strings.
*6. Vocals. Light & jazzy classic.
7. A bit atonal & scratchy at first, a relaxed groove later.
*8. Lively & playful Sweet Georgia Brown
9. Lazy, small combo kind of jazz. Nicely done.
10. Sleepy, laid back and rather pointless. Sorry Ismael.
11. Relaxed & easy Cole Porter classic.
*12. Tripping fast that turns into a nice little romp. Too short.
13. Midtempo w/a lazy kind of drone. It grew on me.
|1.||Shine||7.||There Is no Greater Love|
|2.||Minor Swing||8.||Sweet Georgia Brown|
|3.||Autumn Leaves||9.||Beautiful Love|
|4.||Fly Me to the Moon||10.||My One and Only Love|
|5.||Fascinating Rhythm||11.||Night and Day|
|6.||It Had to Be You||12.||Pent-Up House|