|Bright Eyes / Digital Ash in Digital Urn|
|Album:||Digital Ash in Digital Urn||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-03-27||Pull Date:||2005-05-29|
|Week Ending:||29 May||15 May||8 May||1 May||24 Apr||17 Apr||10 Apr||3 Apr|
|1.||Jun 11, 2019:||Attitude Adjustment |
Gold Mine Gutted
|4.||Jun 07, 2012:||The Fall of Math |
I Believe in Symmetry
|2.||Aug 29, 2013:||second meeting |
Down in a Rabbit Hole
|5.||Jan 10, 2012:||Modern Donkey |
I Believe in Symmetry
|3.||Jun 08, 2013:||We Go Everywhere We Go In Elevators |
Take It Easy (Love Nothing)
|6.||Jun 03, 2011:||The DJ Never Has It |
Ship in a Bottle
Bright Eyes takes a dream pop/electro pop twist here. Rich and full sound/production, often elaborate song structure. Lots of keyboards, some guitar, electronic beats as well as drums/percussion. Vox sometimes slightly processed. Flaming Lips crossed with Postal Service cross of indie/beat comes to mind, but not derivate. Cameos from friends from different bands, most prominently Nick Zimmer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. |
Released together with I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning – a folk/rock/country album more in step with his previous albums. This digital album is interesting, but spread thin. Is Bright Eyes trying to make this his “Bringing it all back home”?
Start with 4, 2, 9, 12. FCC: 10
1. Heavy breathing, Subtle beat, solemn notes on keyboard. Vox come (-2:33) in with dominant synths, then harsher drum beat, bells, dark interesting track.
2. * Dream pop, still slow/mid, shuffled beat and drums, keyboard dominant. So Flaming Lips, in a good way. *
3. Broken scattered beat, mid tempo, acoustic backing guitar throughout, synths. More percussion, handclaps, fast tempo finish.
4. ** Dark mid-tempo drum beat, strings and synths give a rich background, slow-sung, indie-rock shoegazing feel, almost spoken vox. Floyd-like guitar solo. Female vox appear. Powerful. **
5. Synthy, electronic mid/fast beat, lots of programmed effect and other sounds, Postal Service, juxtaposed with plain vox.
6. Mid tempo steady beat, keys and guitars, rocking, with quiet parts.
7. Opens quietly, voice and synths, noisy beat comes in, loud chorus.
8. Slow, dramatic start, big keyboard chords and trembling vox. Beat joins.
9. * Indie Rock, guitars, synths, real drums and all. Mid tempo, loud. Trumpets, cool bridge. *
10. FCC (“Fuckers”) Mid/fast, another louder number, anti-commercialism.
11. Gentle drumming, gentle acoustic picking with beat, keyboards, and noise samples. Processed vox, beautiful flute. Mid tempo.
12. * Electro-pop, nice tune, with touches of kitschiness, New Wave, guitar, synths, bass dominant in beginning. Last 30 secs are erratic, ends abruptly.*
|1.||Time Code||7.||I Believe in Symmetry|
|2.||Gold Mine Gutted||8.||Devil in the Details|
|3.||Arc of Time||9.||Ship in a Bottle|
|4.||Down in a Rabbit Hole||10.||Light Pollution|
|5.||Take It Easy (Love Nothing)||11.||Theme From Pinata|
|6.||Hit the Switch||12.||Easy/Lucky/Free|