|Los Camperos De Valles / El Ave De Mi Sonar|
|Album:||El Ave De Mi Sonar||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Los Camperos De Valles||Added:||Mar 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-03-27||Pull Date:||2005-05-29||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||May 29||May 8||Apr 24||Apr 17||Apr 3|
|1.||Jul 18, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||May 06, 2005:||No Cover, No Minimum - Part II |
|2.||May 28, 2005:||dog and pony show |
|5.||May 03, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||May 24, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Apr 17, 2005:||Subcutaneous Phycomycosis |
From northest Mexico. “Hard-edged violin improvisations, driving guitar rhythms, and soaring falsetto vocals mark the son huasteco, one of Mexico’s most distinctive regional styles of music.” Yup, that about sums it up. Great stuff. Energetic, catchy, and bright in spite of the fact that many of the songs have sad lyrics. Typically good Smithsonian notes too. Read it, play it, have a shot of Jose.|
Every track worth at least 1 star, and since they all pretty much have the same sound & tempo you can’t go wrong.
1. Lively strings/vocals. Sound of dancing. Fun!
2. Very fast strings and soaring vocals. Well done.
3. Dueling falsettos, fast strings. Very cool.
4. Bouncy fun w/nice interplays of vocals & strings.
5. Fast violin, good vox. Lots of goodness.
6. A bit slower (though not much) w/nice strings.
7. Sort of a tripping rhythm w/dancing.
8. Interesting trade off between verses.
9. Typically good strings/vocals. Good stuff.
10. Duet, nicely punctuated w/bursts of strings.
11. Energetic & melodic. Really very nice.
12. Upbeat w/esp. good guitar. About an alligator.
13. Great violin & vocals. Upbeat.
14. A happy dance w/vocal duet & lots of strings.
|1.||El Aguanieve||8.||La Rosa|
|2.||El Fandanguito||9.||La Pasion|
|3.||El Llorar||10.||El Triunfo|
|4.||El Gusto||11.||La Malaguena|
|5.||La Huasanga||12.||El Caiman|
|6.||La Llorona||13.||Las Flores|
|7.||El Zacamandu||14.||El Caballito|