|Sedgwick, Edie / Her Love Is Real...But She Is|
|Album:||Her Love Is Real...But She Is||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Sedgwick, Edie||Added:||Apr 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-09-04||Pull Date:||2005-11-06|
|Week Ending:||Oct 30||Oct 23||Oct 16||Oct 9||Oct 2||Sep 25||Sep 18||Sep 11|
|1.||Jun 10, 2010:||The Value Machine |
|4.||Oct 23, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|2.||May 03, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|5.||Oct 19, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Nov 23, 2006:||Under the Radar |
Arnold Schwarzenegger Ii
|6.||Oct 13, 2005:||Lost and Found |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Fucking awesome! One of the best surprises of 2005! Kick-ass electro rock of post-punk edge on DeSoto Records. Justin Moyers of Washington DC's El Guapo (now known as Supersystem) poses in drag under the alias of Edie Sedgwick (yes the Edie Sedgwick of Warhol movie fame ca 1965). Awesome electroclash with great noise effects, powerful melodic hooks, and domineering punk/post-punk guitar and bass lines. Incredible vocal versatility and creativity to boot! Think Martin Rev, Suicide, the Black Eyes, Metal Urbain all packaged into an extremely volatile mix of catchy/dancy electro-punk rock. In a time where the 80s-inspired electro-rock thing comes a dime a dozen, this stands out as powefully original. Every track in this CD is named after a celebrity. Our governator has two tracks named after him!|
Play 12, 6, 1, 13, 2, 9
1. Trembing melodies meet Metal Urbain electro-punk. Militant and political. Hand claps. Yeah!
2. 42 seconds of assaulting noise and charged balls-out Kathleen Hanna-esque punk choruses.
3. Dancy-bouncy number with half-spoken, half-sung lyrics. Great effects, hooks and sampling.
4. Sparse electro-clash with ambient melodic hooks.
5. 61 seconds of electro-noise and effects that will remind you of early computer games such as Atari.
6. Soft, elegant, sensitive, romantic, dancy. So beautiful, it will make you cry. At 2:20 min takes an turn into post-punk guitar angularity and heavy electro-rock! Epic track.
7. Med-tempo sparse. This reminds me of Bjork a little.
8. Mechanical and cold. It's named after our governator.
9. 40 seconds of full-blast intensity. Think of the Black Eyes. Heavily assaulting.
10. Starts with Tarzan's hollering. Med-tempo groove. Nice key/string hooks/chops.
11. An electro-clashy version of the Beastie Boys.
12. This is one of the fucking greatest post-punk songs written in the history of the genre! Makes me wanna dance uncontrolably.
13. Soft, gentle and beautiful. Like a soft lullaby or a gentle spiritual.
14. Techno-dancy but with bitter vocals. See Supersystem.