|Cadeaux / Physical City|
|Add Date:||2005-05-08||Pull Date:||2005-07-10|
|Week Ending:||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May|
|1.||Jun 13, 2005:||Civil Society |
Things that I Know
|4.||May 29, 2005:||The Ox and the Hammer Show |
Fiction and Blues
|2.||Jun 08, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
Things that I Know
|5.||May 25, 2005:||Strange Attractor |
|3.||Jun 05, 2005:||The Ox and the Hammer Show's Last Stand |
Show Me the Moment
|6.||May 23, 2005:||The Ox and the Hammer Show |
Full-length debut by Vancouver's Cadeaux (ka-DOE, presents, fr.), a coed art-dance-punk band fronted by 2 dueling female vocalists who try for the same dynamic as the vocalists of The Blood Brothers—mish mashing gyrating screams with harmonies. The instrumentation is loud and fast and wisely never goes too far into "disco beats". Distorted bass, urgent guitars, and punchy drums. Things can get repetitive, the singing especially (with its over reliance on oohs and aahs) which is a little hard to forgive when you have 2 people who do nothing but sing and when the consistently solid instrumentation gets de-emphasized for it. But there seems to always be at least one good line that tries to salvage a song. FCC clean.|
**1. Some good vocal trade-offs.
2. Shoots off some random ass woahs/owl noises. Gets annoying fast.
3. Some electronic elements thrown into the mix? Instruments get more emphasis mid-song.
**4. Stretches a little bit vocally for nice sassy bits.
5. Not distinguishable from something that came before it.
6. Instruments build up while vocals go down...not so good.
7. Nice, more thoroughly cohesive tune. Like the delivery of the chorus.
8. More menacing start. Kathleen Hanna-esque spoken word parts.
9. See Track 5.
10. Slower tune. Vocals more monotonous on this one and no interplay. Downer.
11. Nice guitar and drum pattern.
12. More dancey and darker especially at the start. Nice subdued vocals breaks into an unfortunately cheesy political/clenched fists punching the air type chorus.
|1.||Cashing in||7.||Things that I Know|
|2.||I Can Wait||8.||The Rest of the Story|
|3.||Show Me the Moment||9.||I Only Love You in the Spotl|
|4.||Your Death||10.||Scissors & Tape|
|5.||In and Our of Sleep||11.||The Day I Had Your Life|
|6.||Survivor||12.||Fiction and Blues|