|Hollow Points, the / Black Spot, the|
|Album:||Black Spot, the||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Hollow Points, the||Added:||04/2005|
|Add Date:||2005-08-28||Pull Date:||2005-10-30|
|Week Ending:||30 Oct||16 Oct||4 Sep|
|1.||Mar 20, 2016:||Breakaway Bluff: The Best of the Last |
The Sky Turned Black
|4.||Oct 15, 2005:||Bloodstains Across The Warpath |
Never Say Die
|2.||Nov 25, 2009:||public noize racket |
|5.||Sep 01, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
The Black Spot
|3.||Oct 23, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Pieces of Eight
|6.||Sep 01, 2005:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
Pieces of Eight
Hollowpoints, The – The Black Spot (Disaster Records)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/20/05
Piss, blood and thunder garage thrash with a clear
political agenda. Very Gilman Street, with lots of
pirate imagery and venom against the current
administration. Basic power trio – bass, guitar and
drums – oh yeah, and screaming. Not a new sound at
all, but certainly as good a soundtrack for beating
your head against the wall until your brains turn to
tofu as anything else around. I have to say I share
FCC on 5 (“fuckin’ American”, “what the fuck”); 7
(lotsa fuck but no sex); 11 (“fuckin” a couple of
Track 14 is hella cool. 4 and 9 also sound good, and
2 is a great rant.
1. 1:59 death thrash metal
2. **4:17 VERY political, suits me fine!
3. 2:59 political and bleak
4. *** 3:01more interesting musically (nice bass),
more doom and despair.
5. 3:26 FCCs, political ranting.
6. 2:46 death and depression. Well, who can blame em,
given how unhappy they are with our political
situation? I feel like this a lot, too. Cheers,
7. 3:41 personal communiqué to George Bush. Mosh on!
8. 3:40 song about suicide. There’s a new theme for
9. *** 2:40 nice bouncy thrasher about insomnia.
(tracks 9 and 10 are listed backwards – this is “My
10. **2:43 all about a pirate’s girly – awwww! Sure
sounds like a mandolin in there…
11. 2:47 autobiographical tale of angst in several
cities, finally heading to San Francisco. Hooray for
us! Nice bass sound.
12. 3:11 apocalpytical.
13. 3:02 actually very poetic lyrics about a woman
with a crappy life.
14. ***2:38 SOOOO Pogues. Piracy and rum and yo ho
ho. with violins.