You know what’s amazing about Mali? Putumayo put together a collection of Malian music that does not include some of Mali’s biggest stars (Ali Farka Toure, Oumou Sangara for example), and it’s STILL really, really good and impressively varied as befits Mali. Can everybody from Mali sing? Play it all!!!
1. Bright midtempo blend of vox/strings/perc. Warm, swaying.
2. Relaxed vox/strings/chorus. Delicious.
3. Down & dirty Malian blues. Great harmonica.
4. More blues, this time w/great use of guitars/vocals.
5. Sweet female vocals, bright kora. Midtempo.
6. Instrumental duet (w/Habib Koite) for guitar/balafon. Midtempo.
7. Soaring vox/gitar/perc. Relaxed but powerful.
8. Malian bluesy w/great vocals. Accordion/perc/strings.
9. Sort of Malian house music. Infectious beats, great vox.
10. Warm female vox, starts lowkey, gets into a dance groove.
11. Live track (applause at 1st). Great energy, a fun jam. Yay!