|Konks, the / Konks, the|
|Add Date:||2005-05-01||Pull Date:||2005-07-03|
|Week Ending:||3 Jul||26 Jun||19 Jun||12 Jun||5 Jun||29 May||22 May||15 May|
|1.||Sat, 19 May 07:||Boo Radley|
Biff Bang Pow
|4.||Mon, 20 Jun 05:||stirling|
|2.||Mon, 27 Jun 05:||Ayshbot and Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Thu, 16 Jun 05:||Ragnar of Ravensfjord|
Bloodstains Across Atherton
|3.||Tue, 21 Jun 05:||Ayshbot and Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Mon, 13 Jun 05:||tom|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Awesome garage rock on Bomp! Records. The Konks combine the bluesy garage rock vein of Mr Airplane Man with the raw intensity of seminal Detroit garage (the Stooges; the Gories). Factor in some basic rock'n'roll and a few Stephen Tayler (Aerosmith) vocal references. Something tells me that these guys are from Boston! Play this! |
Play 11, 9, 6, 5, 4, 2
1. Raw, balls-out, testosterone-driven, garage cock-rawk!
2. Think Detroit garage rock! The Stooges meet the Gories.
3. Mid-tempo; noisy. Raw bass/guitar lines.
4. This is a cover. Fun raw swingy rock'n'roll. Nice screams. Reminds me of British proto-punk rocker Screaming Lord Sutch.
5. Excellent messy/dissonant/angular guitar work! Melodic bass lines and psychotic build up. 6. Balls-out bluesy garage. The Gories meet Mr Airplane Man!
7. Fuzzy, noisy piece with Stephen Taylor-esque vocals.
8. Thumping percussion, Gorie-sque rhythm guitars, and bluesy guitar leads/solos.
9. Kick ass sentimental piece with infectious guitar/vocal melodies. Think Mr Airplane Man. 10. FCC (motherfucker?)
11. Wow! Get a load of this bluesy/blue-grassy piece! Delta blues meets ragtime. Awesome vocals too.
12. Aerosmith cover.
|1.||Outta My Mind||7.||Out of My Mind|
|2.||29 Fingers||8.||Can't Get Along with You|
|3.||Here She Comes||9.||What I Came Here for|
|4.||King Kong||10.||God Says|
|5.||Break My Back||11.||Honey|
|6.||Move & Shake||12.||Let the Music Do the Talking|