|Surman, John / Way Back When|
|Album:||Way Back When||Collection:||Jazz|
|Add Date:||2005-07-04||Pull Date:||2005-09-05||Charts:||Jazz|
|Week Ending:||4 Sep||31 Jul||17 Jul||10 Jul|
|1.||Fri, 02 Sep 05:||Wedge|
|4.||Sat, 09 Jul 05:||Sunshine|
|2.||Fri, 29 Jul 05:||Wedge|
|5.||Fri, 08 Jul 05:||Wedge|
|3.||Sat, 16 Jul 05:||Sunshine|
|6.||Tue, 05 Jul 05:||Ben|
Umami Jazz Program
Re-found recordings of a jam session that took place in the UK in 1969, when John Surman was young and still not associated in his playing with the more atmospheric/moody ECM style. It's nice to find hints pointing at his later direction. Sax (mostly baritone), electric piano, drums and bass. The 4 first tracks are parts on one piece. |
1. Main theme and sax impros.
2. Nice bass line and more energetic Sax impros.
3. Soft electric piano, bass and drums.
4. Main theme and Sax impros.
*5. A cool piece. Begins slow to Mid-tempo, accelerates, and calms down at the end.
6. A mid-tempo more classic jazz piece. Begins with baritone and alto saxophones playing together.
|1.||Way Back When, Part 1||4.||Way Back When, Part 4|
|2.||Way Back When, Part 2||5.||Owlshead|
|3.||Way Back When, Part 3||6.||Out and About|