|Various Artists / Rough Guide Dub|
|Album:||Rough Guide Dub||Collection:||Reggae|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2005-07-18||Pull Date:||2005-09-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul|
|1.||Sat, 19 Nov 11:||Eme O|
|4.||Sat, 19 Apr 08:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|2.||Tue, 27 Apr 10:||Id and Jonathan|
Waves Flow - Victory Farmer Feature
|5.||Fri, 07 Sep 07:||michaelu|
You be illin
|3.||Sat, 08 Nov 08:||bobbi|
public noize racket
|6.||Sat, 29 Apr 06:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Awesome awesome awesome. Dub collection from the earlier, with a lot of classic King Tubby, Upsetters, Lee Scratch Perry, etc. This covers the emergence and creation of the genre, pretty exciting stuff. Full of dubtastic basslines and grooves. Can't miss with anything at all on this thing, it's just awesome stuff. PLAY EVERYTHING. If you can't make up your mind, play 1,7,10,12,18|
1) Awesome little breakdown in the middle, "Listen to the bass... listen to the guitar... now listen to everything." Great melody is whistled
2) Echoes and reverb... the basis for all dub. Heavy heavy bassline with slow syncopated guitar strums. The prototype of dub
3) Big horn sections with echoes and a nimble bassline
4) Huge thundering sounds inserted into 'swing & dine' for stormy effects centered around the bassline
5) Big gunshots at start, then happy upbeat dub with male vox and dreamy keyboards
6) Very smooth and happy. Bass cuts out wonderfully at 1:30, then kicks back in. Cavernous male vox.
7) Big sound with horn section. Heavy heavy use of delay, nice stuff.
8) Piano melody, great vocals, a bassline that keeps chugging... great!
9) Light flute sounds, the vocals sound really great
10) Dubbed out vocals, strong bassline, lots of percussion, good flute... yeaaahhhhh. A lot going on in this song.
11) Screeching tires, airplane sound effects. Strongly syncopated sound, trippy.
12) Tight harmonica playing, huge drums and bass.
13) Beautiful, dreamy, this works wonderfully. Vocals keep cutting in and out with lots of delay.
14) Great! Horace Andy does his awesome warbly-voiced thang, then Prince Jammy delays it more and makes some great basslines.
15) Strong vocals, "come along my brothers," with nice guitar work
16) Driving bassline
17) Toasting over ska dub. Melody sounds like it belongs in the Jamaican version of an old Western movie
18) Lots of organ, upbeat bassline, good vocals dropped in at times
19) Crazy laser-beam sounds, lots of horns, dope drums
20) More laser beam sounds! Great drumming, less reverb/echo on this piece, just a rockin bassline.