A local couple (now in Berkeley). He’s originally from Mali and sings & plays the kamalngoni…she’s an Afro-Cuban vocalist with a silky-smooth voice and they’re joined by friends on guitar, percussion & other instruments. There’s a nice, bluesy thread running throughout and the playing & singing is solid and enjoyable. Overall warm, relaxed, and just plain good. All songs are original by the artists. Lyrics in English and Bambara.
1. Relaxed w/lazy vocal duet. Sort of just fades out at end.
2. A sweet, low-key instrumental w/a light, hopeful feeling..
*3. Nice vocals in a bittersweet love song w/good use of strings.
*4. Bright & happy sway w/a catchy beat.
*5. Light, midtempo w/a lazy Afro-blues sound.
6. Nicely melodic blend of strings/vox. Really pretty & soothing.
7. Bouncy, lightly driving blend of perc/strings/vox..
*8. Sweet balafon accents in this happy, sweet little dance.
9. A lazy love song w/good vocals & nice work from the band.
10. Jazz-ish vocals against spare use of percussion. Very peaceful.