|Various Artists / Russen Soul|
|Add Date:||2005-07-25||Pull Date:||2005-09-26||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||25 Sep||18 Sep||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 25 Aug 17:||sid|
|4.||Thu, 22 Jul 10:||Abra|
|2.||Tue, 24 Jan 17:||Sick Wolfe & OSCAR|
|5.||Mon, 23 Apr 07:||MichaS|
Ducks as a metaphor - sunny day
|3.||Fri, 26 Jul 13:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|6.||Mon, 22 May 06:||MichaS|
“Soulful grooves from RussenDisko, Berlin.” Music from (mostly) the large and culturally-busy ex-pat Russian community in Germany. Mostly acoustic, unexpected, & strangely appealing. It’s not particularly soulful, groovy, or disco, but it’s damned fun nonetheless. There’s a thread of artistic darkness running throughout that makes it fascinating to listen to.|
1. Acoustic guitar, 2-guys singing. Like low-key, Russian reggae.
*2. Accordion/vox. Midtempo, folksy.
*3. Dark, raspy, and hip midtempo accordion/vox/strings.
4. Warm, rich female voice. Midtempo, picks up energy.
*5. Fun, bouncy pop-y. Oddly happy. Odd voice too.
*6. Wacky fast folk music w/a drunk in the Balkans feel.
*7. Russian cha-cha with a darkly retro feel. Cool!
8. Brass, raw male vox. Slow, dark, lots of emotion.
9. Klezmer brass & vocal. Mid/uptempo w/good energy.
*10. Swinging Django-esque jam w/odd vocals. Fun
11. Relaxed Latin dance w/horns/vox/and convincing tropical feel.
12. Fem vocals in relaxed, sad love song. Nice strings.
13. Contemporary folk. Voices/accordion/brass. Slowish, dark.
14. Vocals/brass/strings, Mid/uptempo & catchy.
15. Loud, brassy, Russian rock.
*16. Mostly midtempo folk w/a touch of jazz & a shot of vodka.