|Diabate, Mamadou / Behmanka|
|Add Date:||2005-07-18||Pull Date:||2005-09-19||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Sep||4 Sep||28 Aug||21 Aug||14 Aug||7 Aug||31 Jul||24 Jul|
|1.||Feb 05, 2022:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Jul 01, 2017:||No Cover, No Minimum: Saturday Edition |
|2.||Dec 26, 2017:||Old fart At play |
|5.||Mar 13, 2014:||Aporeia |
|3.||Nov 23, 2017:||Old Fart at Play |
|6.||May 07, 2012:||No Longer at Ease |
Just him on the kora. No other instruments added or needed. It’s the music he was taught by his father, kora legend Djelimory Diabate. Although now based in NYC, he remains true to his family and this recording is thoroughly Malian. It’s beautiful, classic, traditional kora. Extremely well-played and just gorgeous. Every track deserves playing. |
1. Lovely, lyrical, midtempo. Creates a pensive air.
2. Bright, warm and welcoming.
3. Rich, intricate, peaceful w/wonderful melody.
4. Nearly 10-min tour-de-force. Bouncy, complex. So good!
5. Lightly joyful, mid/uptempo, delicious.
6. Elegant, soft at times. Reflective & graceful.
7. End-of-day work song. Midtempo, nicely repetitive.
8. Rhythmic, midtempo bounce w/great technique.