|Michel, Nathan / Beast, the|
|Artist:||Michel, Nathan||Added:||Jun 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-11-06||Pull Date:||2006-01-08|
|Week Ending:||Dec 25||Dec 18||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20|
|1.||Nov 07, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|4.||May 22, 2006:||Flow Sub |
A to B
|2.||Oct 24, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
A to B
|5.||Jan 08, 2006:||Neurotic Tonic |
A to B
|3.||Jun 20, 2006:||Radio Of Imagination |
|6.||Dec 21, 2005:||Brownian Motion - Now With Bloodstains |
Progressive/retro mostly bright, but sometimes moody, pop, a la the early Genesis or Gong. Lead male singer that sounds a lot like early Phil Collins, maribmba, harmonica and light touches of electronica. Imaginative melodies, harmonies and orchestration. Great stuff. All songs are good, try marked ones.|
*1. Complex rhythms, nice harmonies, soft male voices.
2. Instrumental. Melodica, marimba, and stuff. Complex rhythms.
3. Opens with a pastoral acoustic guitar and some electronics at the background. Turns into something a bit more moody with a guitar and male voice. Very reminiscent of early Genesis.
*4. Opens with a twirling electric guitar. Female and male voices nicely harmonized. Becomes a bit darker later.
*5. Instrumental. Opens with a guitar, whistle and harmonica. Nice progression of melody (augmented/diminished scales, I think).
6. Opens moody and floating. A jazzy piano and male lead singer join later.
*7. A dominant bass backbone. Guitar, keyboards, computer and lead singer.
*8. Fast and rhythmically changing drums, piano and lead singer. quirkier.
9. Instrumental. Opens with a very slow, pastoral acoustic guitar. Harmonica and some horns join later.
10. Opens with a similar tempo to the previous track. Acoustic guitar and female singer join later. Picks up a bit but stays pastoral. Become richer with vocals and tempo toward the end.
|3.||The Beast||8.||Simple Animal|
|4.||A to B||9.||Ekrasel|