Local women whip up some thick electro-rock. Soulful vocals along the lines of Detroit Cobra’s, more genuine than that of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs girl. Crunchy synths, rock beats, juicey guitar and driving rhythms with a nod to funk/disco/soul, like Motown meets electroclash. Deathy element brings to mind Glass Candy, Maybe even Lost Sounds. Good stuff, play with other a-file locals Condor and Dance Disaster Movement.
1) upbeat soulful driving electro rock
2) heavy on synth and disco high-hat beat
3) disco high hat beat but more new wavey death rock
5) upbeat near dancey electro rock, “get up and get down”, soul element coming through strong here
6) FCC: quick and subtle though, more upbeat and dancey again