|Kinski / Alpine Static|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2005-09-11||Pull Date:||2005-11-13|
|Week Ending:||13 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||2 Oct||18 Sep|
|1.||Thu, 23 May 13:||Andy S|
|4.||Tue, 06 Dec 11:||THE KZSU GET AWESOME ALL STARS|
|2.||Thu, 21 Mar 13:||Andy S|
|5.||Tue, 15 Mar 11:||Jiggler and Stan Power|
Lumpy Space Princess Part Deux
|3.||Sun, 05 Feb 12:||Stan Power|
|6.||Sat, 12 Mar 11:||Stan Power|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Excellent! Blistering post-rock from Seattle on SubPop Records. No vocals. No bullshit. No fluff. All instrumental compositions are balls-out rock that borrow heavily from 90s rock bands such as Don Caballero and the Pixies. Herein, you will find melodic guitar phrasing, chaotic ambience, and plenty of noise and experimentation (eg. guitar volume pedals) and even some improv jazz noise. This CD rocks. Lethal blend of 90s rock, math-rock and a scoop of prog-rock. Lights out now. Can you feel the rock?!? Play with Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Do Make Say Think. Most songs are 8 min long.|
Play 4, 7, 3, 1, 8, 9
1. Whinny guit distortions. Balls-out rock with 70s rock influences. Post-rock glitch in the end. Fools you. Sounds like the CD is skipping but it's not.
2. Heavy rock with angular leads. Noise effects.
3. Fast. Balls-out in your face rock. Somewhat punky. Makes me think of the Pixies a bit.
4. Fucking Epic! Slowly builds up into a groove that screams The Pixies. Slows down to quiet jazz improv experimentation and then it's back up to blistering melodic grooves climaxing into a frenzy of speed and sonic chaos... slows down to a pretty Electrelane-ish groove that lasts until the end. Better than sex!
5. A blend of melody and dissonance; climaxes into sonic noise.
6. Soft and gentle. Crooning guitar effects, feathery guitar riffs and progy/jazzy flutes. Psychedelically ambient. Sounds like a prog/psych group called Elastic Band ca 1969.
7. Ambient experimental noise builds up to some serious assaults of noise... and after 4:30 min gets on with the groove. Nice and cathcy riffs. Then more sonic chaos and then back to slower groove. Another epic track.
8. Cool intro (use of delay/volume pedals). Breaks into thick head-banging rock groove. Stinking Lizaveta meets Don Cabalero?
9. Soft psych ambience. Meditation/relaxation music with sounds of nature (duck/bird sounds). Reminds me of Country Joe and the Fish.
|1.||Hot Stenographer||5.||Passed Out on Your Lawn|
|2.||The Wives of Artie Shaw||6.||All Your Kids Have Turned to|
|3.||Hiding Drugs in the Temple||7.||The Snowy Parts of Scandinav|
|4.||The Party Which You Know Wil||8.||Edge Set|