Wow! Fantastic sampler from experimental/avante label (from Oklahoma). 8 Incredible tracks that take noise and classical to a special level, combining and distorting them, some tracks taking on a Swans/His Name Is Alive dramatic melding and even moments of glitch. This is some of the finest of the genre I've come into contact with, with some tracks featuring chamber style classical blending seamlessly Into Eno-4AD'esque looped sound scapes. Incredible.
1) very quiet intro, build-up, a single bow exchanged tone with female operatic vocal delivery, dark in foreboding
2) chamber classical feel, strings with flute oboe, dense and quite majestic, skillful and beautiful
3) really dreamy lush and beautiful layers of noise, cymbal squeals, the things dreams are made of
4) quieter start, builds with a pleasant background drone
5) pleasant regal chamber folk with female voiceover, distorto guitar enters and this Is reminiscent of early His Name Is Alive
6) somber strings this time w/ female voiceover, shifts briefly to guitar then a Swans’ish dark hollow noise, gothy poetry, nice
7) chill guitar, minor toned, very dark and sad with subliminal noise/found sound samples in undercurrent
8) strings, layers, backwards, forwards, glitchy, into a beautiful narcotic amalgam, wow!