|Hatepinks, the / Plastic Bag Ambitions|
|Album:||Plastic Bag Ambitions||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2005-09-18||Pull Date:||2005-11-20|
|Week Ending:||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct|
|1.||Feb 08, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
I Piss In Your Swimming Pool
|4.||Nov 16, 2005:||Brownian Motion |
Fashion Is Crime
|2.||Dec 31, 2005:||Bloodstains Across Atherton - From Beyond The Grave or The Beast Of 2005 |
Fashion Is Crime
|5.||Nov 15, 2005:||eclectica: Interview with Aaron Meyer |
|3.||Nov 16, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|6.||Nov 07, 2005:||Asymptotic Freedom |
Exuberant ’77-style punk from France. Incredibly energizing. Avoids the emotional monotony of so much angry music. Guitar-based... all punk but all over the map in terms of stylistic references. Members come from several other French punk bands. Short songs -- 13 of them in 16 minutes. All high-energy, mid-fast. Fuckin’ A. This so rocks. FCC indecent: 7. FCC obscene: 2, 11, 12, 13. Start with 1, 4, 6, 9.|
==> 1. “One two tree four!” in their charming French accent. Ascending motif. “Go!” Fades.
2. FCC Obscene (“Took you so fuckin’ long” over and over.”) Too bad. Great punk song that throws in some Beatles harmonies.
3. Absurdly poignant song about divorce from the perspective of a little kid. Sort of Ramones-ish.
==> 4. Starts with snare. Very insistent, with nice call & response between regular and processed vox. “Meekrowave drugs!” Ends with “Eins zwei drei vier!”
5. “Gurl meegrayne...!” about kissing and killing. Less than a minute long.
==> 6. Starts with drums and cheerleader chant. Power pop punk, call & response plus doo-wop background vox. Fades.
7. FCC Indecent: ends with ‘fuck.’ Starts with a few snare taps. Dance punk. Ramones-ish again.
8. Noisy. Ascending/descending motif. Ends with a bit of telephone-like vocals.
==> 9. Starts with bass. Nice combination of regular and processed vox like track 2. Fades.
10. Sparse instrumental 2-note beginning, gets repeated as instrumental bridge. Lots of tambourine. Ends suddenly.
11. FCC Obscene (“I love your shit” over and over.)
12. FCC Obscene (“We’re the fucks” over and over.)
13. FCC Obscene. (it’s just “mother fucker” over and over.)