|Iron Lung / Life. Iron Lung. Death|
|Album:||Life. Iron Lung. Death||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Iron Lung||Added:||Aug 2005|
|Add Date:||2005-10-09||Pull Date:||2005-12-11||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Dec 11||Dec 4||Nov 27||Nov 20||Nov 13||Oct 23||Oct 16|
|1.||Apr 28, 2014:||Deathcrush |
If Polio Strikes
|4.||May 10, 2008:||Cumstains Across Bloodstains |
|2.||Aug 23, 2008:||Bloodstains Across Atherton-You're Judging My Music Taste and Yet You Like Speed |
|5.||May 09, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
One Cure for Two Diseases
|3.||Aug 20, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
One Cure for Two Diseases
|6.||Dec 14, 2006:||Carrots & Sticks... But Mostly Sticks |
Sound of Cold
Iron Lung – Life. Iron Lung. Death. + 17 (Six Two Five)|
Bay area hardcore duo. Short, complex tracks that touch on everything from power violence, Black Sabbath, to math metal. Lots of noise tracks, intros and samples. This is crushingly heavy, changes speeds and heaviness a lot, and does not sound like just two people. The intros are very industrial sounding.
**1. Quiet noise fade in, vocal sample and then a brutal power violence pummeling. Discordant guitar and the track slows down during the last part.
2. Another noise intro into a fast track that goes through a number of changes.
**4. Bursts of grinding speed and lots of discordant guitar.
5. Slow and heavy.
6. Scary sampled intro and slow and heavy like the last track. Then the track kicks into their fast hardcore.
**8. Feedback, screams, and slow which changes into some serious math grind.
11. Pummeling and straight forward.
**12. Multiple vocalists, a more obvious riff, discordance, and short.
13. Short power violence.
14. Slow, ominous beginning into lots of stop start parts.
16. Slower, uglier, more punk.
18. Slow lurching guitar but quick drums. Acapella screams towards the end.
19. Noise, slow doom, then complex metal-ish sounds all in 50 seconds.
**21. Emo-ish indie rock jangling guitar that turns into a wonderfully melodic dirge not unlike Isis.
22. Raw with individual note guitar riff.
24. Lots of different parts, sort of crazy and all over the place like Fantomas.
**26. Noise, controlled guitar feedback, into Ruins-esk changes, start/stop and bursts.
28. Straightforward raw heavy hardcore.
30. Just vocals and drums to start into noisy messy sound. Throw in a couple quick changes.
31. Power tools? For the first 30 seconds or more.
32. Cleaner, not as heavy, punk-ish.
**33. Noises and Sabbath-like riff. Slow, pained, heavy. Blistering fast for the last 5 seconds.
34. Tradeoff vocals with discordant guitar.
36. They play around with speed on this track. Proggy feel.
**37. Noisy and discordant with lots of changes.
Great stuff! -mph