|Tom & Joy / Antigua|
|Artist:||Tom & Joy||Added:||08/2005|
|Add Date:||2005-09-25||Pull Date:||2005-11-27||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct||9 Oct||2 Oct|
|1.||Nov 03, 2005:||Eran Mukamel |
|4.||Oct 14, 2005:||No Cover, No Minimum: Early Show |
|2.||Oct 24, 2005:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
|5.||Oct 04, 2005:||At the Cafe Bohemian -Tokyo edition |
|3.||Oct 21, 2005:||Still No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Oct 01, 2005:||Morning Glory |
This duo (formerly known as “Tom & Joyce”) are cousins from France who seem to have left their hearts in Rio. Polished, sophisticated bossa nova and sexy jazz/funk grooves w/great guitar work (Tom) and smooth female vocals (Joy). It’s lush, well-arranged music, backed by a very capable band. Music for grown-ups. |
*1. Lazy, sexy bossa classic in French/English. Delicious.
2. Bright mid/upbeat groove w/some nice guitar work.
3. Brass leads into a catchy jazz/funk sound.
*4. Playfully sweet, low-key love song. Great harmonica accent.
5. Midtempo modern funk jazz w/cool urban feel.
6. Strings and vocals predominate this sleepy musing.
*7. Starts muted, gets into a relaxed late night combo feel. So cool.
8. Uptempo tropicale groove. Nicely catchy.
*9. Good use of horns. Midtempo, nice work from all concerned.
10. Downtempo w/sexy vocals & cool horn break.
11. Soft & gentle vocals, guitar. Good small club jazz.
*12. Upbeat dance groove for vox/horns. Big & busy.
13. Quiet, slow and sad.
|4.||Sous Tes Ailes||10.||Out Of My Mind|