|Black Dahlia Murder, The / Miasma|
|Artist:||Black Dahlia Murder, The||Added:||09/2005|
|Add Date:||2005-10-23||Pull Date:||2005-12-25||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec|
|1.||Thu, 03 Sep 15:||Jessica Rylan|
What was scene?
|3.||Tue, 13 Dec 05:||dj double a|
|2.||Fri, 30 Dec 05:||matthew stark rubin|
vampires dont bite other vampires
Somewhere between melodic Swedish death metal and metalcore, leaning more towards metal than core. All is fast, many guitar solos, lots of tradeoff between two vocal sounds (growl and sneer/scream), and gallop after gallop after gallop. It is surprisingly catchy, has its modern thrash-y moments and the lyrics are mostly junk. |
**2. Quickly into quick gallop and then some mid-paced thrash. Some melodic dual-guitar runs and lots of screaming. Longish guitar solo.
3. Starts with a big scream and leans towards 80s thrash, like Testament.
4. Hmm…Nothing wrong with this, it’s that it just sounds like everything else on the disc.
5. A little bit quicker, like a sped up At the Gates or In Flames. There is a bland breakdown.
6. More chugging and metalcore sounding.
7. A bit cleaner, slower, and more melodic.
**8. Fast with slower more melodic guitar which changes into a catchy gallop.
9. Vocals you can understand and a slower pace.
**10. All their different sounds brought together on one track. Guitar solos, dual-guitar runs, gallops, fast and slow parts, you name it. Nearly a minute long fadeout which ends early.
OK stuff. -mph
|1.||Built For Sin||6.||Novelty Crosses|
|2.||I'm Charming||7.||Dave Goes To Hollywood|
|4.||Statutory Ape||9.||Spite Suicide|
|5.||A Vulgar Picture||10.||Miasma|