|Odious Mortem / Devouring The Prophecy|
|Album:||Devouring The Prophecy||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Unique Leader Records|
|Add Date:||2005-09-18||Pull Date:||2005-11-20||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||23 Oct||9 Oct|
|1.||Oct 20, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Oct 06, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
Odious Mortem – Devouring the Prophecy (Unique Leader)|
Technical death metal from Santa Cruz. The songs are short (10 songs in 23 minutes), they change speeds a million times per song, and they almost never let up. The production is exceptional in that you can hear what each band member is doing, which is rare for records this heavy and fast. There aren’t many influences from other sounds, this is death metal in its purest form. Think Deeds of Flesh or Decrepit Birth.
1. Scifi movie noises for the first minute and then straight forward death metal. This track is a bit more straightforward with fewer changes and at times sounds like a mess of ideas.
2. Starts with a slow chug and quickly changes into some technical death metal. At one point this track starts to feel like the band is showing off their technical playing skills.
3. The vocals are more diverse on this track (is that the same vocalist doing both parts?). I really like the short bursts of speed.
**4. Thrash-y and for some reasons reminds me of the band Death, just sped up.
**5. A bit more melodic but only because the guitar player is playing something slightly more melodic.
6. The double bass drums are so fast and consistent at one point they don’t even sound real.
**7. Slower and more discordant intro into a very heavy sound. Then you’re hit with a flurry of notes on the guitar. This track never sits still.
8. Fast with fewer changes and a breakdown.
9. Discordant, simpler (not a bad thing), with very consistent fast drums. The track fades out with some feedback and runs right into the next track.
**10. Seems like they pulled out all the stops for this track. It’s the longest (3:28), seems the most technical, and heaviest track. The guitar riffs are also catchier. Ends with noise.
Good stuff. -mph
|1.||Debacle By Cephaloped||6.||Carpal Tunnel|
|2.||Caverns Of Reason||7.||Third Pawn|
|3.||Nothing Byond The Rot||8.||Morton's Neuronoma|
|4.||Golden Excretion||9.||Gristle Dripping Scab|
|5.||Thought Disruption||10.||Cerebral Dissection|