|Mori, Ikue / Myrninerest|
|Add Date:||2005-10-09||Pull Date:||2005-12-11||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct|
|1.||Aug 16, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|4.||Dec 08, 2005:||Baptism of Solitude |
|2.||Sep 16, 2006:||Anywhere Out of the World |
|5.||Nov 09, 2005:||Epic Soundtracks |
|3.||Dec 09, 2005:||Memory Select |
|6.||Nov 01, 2005:||Umami Jazz Program |
Complex electronic/organic soundscapes. No vocals. Lots of samples of acoustic instruments, like cello, guitar, and drums. Fascinating, playful, baroque, riveting -- and always extremely musical. Her name is apparently pronounced ick’-away more’-ee. Produced by John Zorn (with whom Mori plays along with Mike Patton as the band Hemophiliac). Mori was in legendary NYC no-wave band DNA. She moved into electronics having started as a drummer. FCC clean. Just when you think you’ve been as amazed as you’ll be, the next track amazes you. Start with 1, 8, 12.|
==> 1. Unbalanced, confusing, pretty, and scary. Busy piano-like sounds, lots of cello samples. So sci-fi. Wow. Starts suddenly. Ends suddenly.
2. Dreamy to nightmarish, sparse and spooky. Starts with quiet, wispy space sounds. Maintains tension. Guitar samples. Fades.
3. Percussive, tense. Forward and backward synth voices. A long journey in under four minutes. Starts with drums. Fades, then some silence.
4. Busy and somewhat demented. Almost has a beat. Weird vocal samples near end. Starts with chime-like synth sounds. Ends suddenly.
5. Fast percussion and backwards loops. Slows and gets a bit scary in the middle. Starts with fast, slightly-odd-sounding percussive noises. Slow fade.
6. Spooky/whimsical sci-fi sounds. Starts with fade-in. Gets quiet and lonely before fade.
7. Dreamy melodic in an alien nightmare sort of way. Lots of nice, icy, bell-like sounds. Starts with harp-like sounds. Fades.
==> 8. Sort of industrial, as in a damaged, multi-legged robot trying to make its way through a marsh. Starts with some quiet noise. Ends busy and off-kilter, then a couple of secs of silence.
9. Retro-sci-fi-horror soundtrack. Tense. Starts with synthetic bells. Ends with fade.
10. Fast beat and faster, twittery synth voices. Gets a bit ominous. Fades in. A bit of horror-organ before fade.
11. Sparse, start-stop, minimal, with sample orchestral instruments. Starts with sampled cello. Fades.
==> 12. Quiet & dreamy, like passing clouds illuminated by blue strobe lights. Toy piano samples near end. Starts quietly. Fades.
13. Monotone but complex chord with mysteriously weird, barely audible processed vocal samples. Chord slowly changes through the piece. Fades in. Slow fade out.
|4.||Gem Palace||10.||Slips Away|
|5.||Take It Easy||11.||Suspicion|
|13.||Clash At Night|