|Curumin / Achados E Perdidos|
|Album:||Achados E Perdidos||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2005-10-30||Pull Date:||2006-01-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Dec||11 Dec||27 Nov||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov|
|1.||Jul 30, 2007:||final ducks |
|4.||Dec 09, 2005:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|2.||Feb 13, 2006:||caranaval slot interim |
|5.||Nov 24, 2005:||Flow |
|3.||Dec 16, 2005:||No Cover, No Minimum |
You Haven't Done Nothing
|6.||Nov 17, 2005:||Flowq |
Tudo Bem Malandro
Curumin – Achadoes e Perdidos|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/11/05
“Musica Popular Brasileira” mixed with funk, a little electronica. “Curumin” is a name for a precocious child, and he appears to have been quite a prodigy and studied a variety of musical styles, which makes for an entertaining record. Most songs have a funky but relaxed Brazilian beat and pleasant vocals with electronica noises as well as more traditional Brazilian percussion. Many songs end a bit early.
No FCCs that I can tell. Record starts strong (best cuts, IMO, 1 and 3), gets less energetic and more standard in the middle, and more spacey as it goes on.
1. 4:11 **great percussion, some electronic noises, funky but relaxed, fun vocalizations mixed with electronics in middle break. Ends with a few seconds of random quiet sounds.
2. 4:25 *strange glitchy high female vocals give way to downtempo samba groove. Also ends with a few seconds of random quiet.
3. 3:34 **slow funk a bit reminiscent of War. Good beat, good sounds.
4. 5:06 *slow loping groove, cover of Stevie Wonder song (sung in English)
5. 3:10 jazzy, with rather standard keyboard/flute sound. Odd keyboard/programmed bit in middle, otherwise I can easily imagine listening to this while on hold on the phone, unfortunately.
6. 3:06 quiet, slow, dreamy, cold drink on the beach groove. Winds down a bit oddly a few seconds from stated time.
7. 4:59 funky cool, quiet laid-back groove, bloops and weebles…
8. 1:00 *excellent funky hip hoppy fun – only last a minute! Crap!
9. 4:21 *vocals from all directions making their own beat, uptempo funk with lots of effects, lots of stops and starts and changes.
10. 4:19 several seconds of electronic effects, into fairly straightforward samba. Longish fade at end.
11. 5:25 slow and rather lazy sounding, no syncopation. Vocals OK. Lotsa spacey sounds.
12. 6:44 *starts with repeated spoken bit, sounds and beats gradually come together. Rather on the electronica/glitch side of things. Hits a groove more than 2 minutes in. No vocals until about 4 minutes in, then really cool hip hop bit. Then back to spacey…