|Goldrush / Ozona|
|Label:||Better Looking Records|
|Add Date:||2006-03-19||Pull Date:||2006-05-21|
|Week Ending:||2 Apr||26 Mar|
|1.||Apr 01, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
|4.||Mar 22, 2006:||Mr. S's Wild Ride |
Let You Down
|2.||Mar 31, 2006:||Distraction-Limited |
Wait For The Wheels
|5.||Mar 22, 2006:||Foreplay and Sex Wax |
All The Faces
|3.||Mar 25, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
Wait For The Wheels
|6.||Mar 21, 2006:||The Sadder Men's Club |
Pristine Brit-Pop that benefits from a variety of styles, including country music. A compiling of different studio sessions makes this record a happy accident of eclectic programming as song styles range from Shoegaze to Psychedelic to Country-Rock. Many of the tracks sound spot-on like The Flaming Lips since half of this material was produced/mixed by the Lips long-time producer, David Fridmann. The sound is very polished so it's surprising that Goldrush hasn't broken through to commercial radio. So until then, I guess they stay in our playground. While not quite the mother lode, there are enough nuggets here to justify a spin or two. – Try: 1, 2, 4, 6 No FCCs|
*1) Alt-Country Jangle Stomp. The most up-tempo song on this release. Love the tambourine and guitar here. Reminiscent of Ride.
*2) Mid Tempo. Summery & sweet Country-tinged Rock with nice harmony vocals.
3) Mid-Tempo. Jagged rhythms. Some synthesizer. Jammy. Sounds like later-day Sebadoh to me.
*4) Melodic & breezy psychedelic ballad. Well-crafted. Ends Cold.
5) Mid Tempo. The kind of pure shimmery feel-good pop that one either loves or hate. If this song hasn't yet been featured on "One Tree Hill", I'll eat a bug.
*6) Ballad. Starts out with atmospheric electronic stabbings then introduces some roiling pedal steel-sounding guitars. Soft, weepy & ethereal. A make-out track.
7) Ballad. Much like track 6- soft & weepy. Nice touch of piano. Wayne Coyne-like vocals. Pretty but lifeless.
8) Regrettably, not a Cheap Trick cover. Pleasant enough pop. Mid-Tempo.
9) Mid Tempo Shoegaze Psychedelica. Starts slow with acoustic guitar which leads to a relatively heavy three minute jam of late 1960s fuzz.
10) Mid-Tempo Pop. No more, no less.
11) Incidental outro music & vocal sample.
|1.||Wait For The Wheels||6.||Let You Down|
|2.||All The Faces||7.||Each Moment In Time|
|3.||Jupiter||8.||Come On Come On|
|4.||Counting Song||9.||There's A World|
|5.||Feel||10.||What I Thought|