|Raitt, Bonnie / Souls Alike|
|Label:||Capitol Records Inc.|
|Add Date:||2005-10-16||Pull Date:||2005-12-18|
|Week Ending:||30 Oct||23 Oct|
|1.||Jul 26, 2014:||Music Casserole |
God Was In The Water
|3.||Oct 18, 2005:||Foreplay and Sex Wax |
|2.||Oct 24, 2005:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
Love On One Condition
|4.||Oct 17, 2005:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon |
Raitt, Bonnie – Souls Alike (EMI)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/14/05
We’re all pretty familiar with Bonnie Raitt by now… This is pretty bluesy and rootsy, nothing flashy or overproduced (although track 9 is close).
No FCC. 2, 10 best, 3, 7, 9 decent.
1. 3:38 slow, mellow blues about being a strong woman. Almost gospel feel towards end.
2. 5:15 **funky shuffle, a bit swampy, cool harmonies.
3. 3:41 *midtempo but upbeat, funky, chugging roadhouse groove.
4. 3:19 slow, quiet blues, nice slide guitar, nothing to hide the vocals.
5. 4:59 slow, half spoken vocals. First half of song is a little iffy, last two minutes are pretty cool, mostly guitar noodling.
6. 3:47 piano intro, funky but quiet, apparently inner voices fighting.
7. 3:49 *wah wah guitar, midtempo roadhouse bluesy two-step. Fun lyrics.
8. 4:26 slow, quiet, a bit of a lullaby frankly. Long fade at end.
9. 3:56 *funky shuffle fades in and out, kinda snakey. Long fade.
10. 4:20 **midtempo but loud, honky tonk blues
11. 4:59 very slow, very quiet, sort of jazzy, supper club piano. Fades and ends about 20 seconds short.
|1.||I Will Not Be Broken||6.||Crooked Crown|
|2.||God Was In The Water||7.||Unnecessarily Mercenary|
|3.||Love On One Condition||8.||I Don't Want Anything To Change|
|4.||So Close||9.||Deep Water|
|5.||Trinkets||10.||Two Lights In The Nighttime|
|11.||The Bed I Made|