|Super Furry Animals / Love Kraft|
|Artist:||Super Furry Animals||Added:||10/2005|
|Add Date:||2005-10-09||Pull Date:||2005-12-11|
|Week Ending:||11 Dec||4 Dec||20 Nov||13 Nov||6 Nov||30 Oct||23 Oct||16 Oct|
|1.||Apr 17, 2013:||Minding The Gap |
|4.||Oct 02, 2007:||A2Z |
|2.||Mar 10, 2011:||Orangeasm: Brick Make Great Return On Jetski Through Panama Canal |
|5.||May 12, 2006:||The Lunchbox |
|3.||Sep 01, 2009:||Hipster Garbage (sub) |
|6.||Dec 06, 2005:||Foreplay and Sex Wax |
Breezy, trippy pop from Wales. Lyrics are mythological, whimsical, ironic. Male vocals, often falsetto. The music is definitely on the gentle side of psych for these guys this time ’round with huge dollops of synthetic saccharine strings and such (they recorded the album in Spain, btw) -- but, if you’re up to the challenge of really listening you’ll find they use the schmaltz in a pleasantly ironic and musical way... in the same way they always employ lots of retro psych clichés. Now and then this CD veers toward the high-energy, wacky psych-rock of some past work but they don’t spend much time there. FCC indecent: 2, 5, 10. Start with 4, 8.|
1. Breezy, retro psych pop. Lots of synth. Falsetto vocals. Starts with a boat splashing into water. Ends a bit dark, then several seconds of quiet buzzing.
2. FCC indecent. Gentle psych pop ballad. Whimsical and very pretty. Gets intense (relatively speaking) halfway through. Starts with cheesy wah-wah keyboards. Ends with slow fade and several secs of silence.
3. Bouncy psychedelic euro-folk. Harmony vocals. Starts with balalaika maybe? Slow fade and then a final strum.
==> 4. Breezy folk pop. Tribute to Bare Trees era Fleetwood Mac. Falsetto & harmony vocals. Starts with guitar strums. Slows and gets sparse and end... Ends with synthetic cat mewls and synth note.
5. FCC indecent. The heavy duty schmaltz song. Damn. Now this is challenging. A guilty pleasure.
6. Noisy psych dub-dance. Starts with half-volume, backwards-tracked, percussive weirdness for 24 secs. Becomes whimsical and boppy. Funky and silly. Ends with lots of strings and synth, then funny synth figure.
7. Mid-slow, trippy pop ballad. Lots of strings. Quiet to start, then a cheesy guitar strum and ‘doo-doo-doo’ vocals. Gets a bit louder & busier.
==> 8. Instrumental. Almost an outer-space bossa nova. Very fun. Starts with silence, then noises, then band and more noises. Ends with heavily processed spoken vocals.
9. Silly, tribal ballad/dance track that starts out talking about dinosaurs. “I feel a psyclone coming on.”
10. FCC indecent. Rolling retro psych pop. Sounding lots like Wings. “Getting on with the show.”
11. Slow, gentle psych-pop ballad. Very dreamy. “I need a sound like a long lost hummingbird.” Epic ending, then noise and sound effect of leaving train.
12. Gentle, melancholy psych lullaby. Starts with solo piano and distant conversation. Lots of strings. Toward end starts sounding a bit like Snowflakes Are Dancing. False ending with a minute left, then solo piano returns and finishes song.
|2.||Atomik Lust||8.||Oi Frango|
|4.||Ohio Heat||10.||Back On A Roll|
|5.||Walk You Home||11.||Cloudberries|
|6.||Lazer Beam||12.||Cabin Fever|