|Mutts, The / Life In Dirt|
|Album:||Life In Dirt||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-04-23||Pull Date:||2006-06-25|
|Week Ending:||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||7 May||30 Apr|
|1.||Sun, 07 Jan 07:||Hangman|
|4.||Fri, 02 Jun 06:||DJ Galabanter|
|2.||Tue, 18 Jul 06:||DJ Galabanter|
|5.||Wed, 24 May 06:||Julia|
Foreplay and Sex Wax
|3.||Wed, 07 Jun 06:||Julia|
Foreplay and Sex WAx
|6.||Mon, 15 May 06:||Ayshbot and Steve|
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Hard rock from Brighton, UK. Mostly formulaic/predictable cock rock (too much testosterone here) that borrows from 70s heavy bands (Black Sabbath, Deep Purple) and proto-punk and punk essentials such as the Stooges. Eddie and the Hotrods, the Damned. Throw in the mix some stoner rock and a bit of early 90s grunge. And these are the Mutts. Not exactly my cup of tea, but if you want some thick 70s-sounding hard rock, look no further.|
Play 10, 2, 5, 8
1. Straight-up Stooges-inspired rock’n’roll. Watch out for the guit solos.
2. Bouncy. The Damned. Eddie and the Hotrods.
3. Domineering lead guitar. 70s heavy rock.
4. Choppy guitar
5. Spacey and gentle. Bass-driven. Nice drum work.
6. Slushy cock rock with Stoogesque vocals.
7. Happy-go-lucky guitar/vocal lines and interplay.
8. Serious Stoogesque guitar lines and vocals.
9. Slow acoustic bluesy start leads to raspy rhythm’n’bluesy groove
10. Punky-bouncy number. Edgy, agit and neurotic. Like it!
11. Garage-y drumming with thick repetitive guitar lines. Grungy Soundgardenish vox.
|1.||Excited||6.||Let Me See Your Face|
|3.||Blood From A Stone||8.||Stuck Awake|
|5.||Incest City||10.||Immaculate Tramp|
|11.||From The Trenches|