|Company / Paralllel Lines|
|Add Date:||2006-03-26||Pull Date:||2006-05-28|
|Week Ending:||28 May||9 Apr||2 Apr|
|1.||May 23, 2006:||America's Least Wanted |
|3.||Apr 01, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
Rede Army Blues
|2.||Apr 03, 2006:||like a virgin |
In The Jaws Of The Lion
|4.||Mar 28, 2006:||The Smell of College Radio |
(Real CD title is Parallel Time)|
Folky indie rock. Small town/homey feel. Twangy voice and guitar. Female (Irish?) and male vocalist switch off between and within songs (many times female backing up/harmonizing). Think slowed down Creedence Clearwater/The Band with a female singer popping in and out. Then add some indie spice and mix so not quite so straight up rock and roll. Darkness, loneliness more evident as album progresses. Even gets a bit artsy. Guitar can really grab ur attention. FCC Clean. Picks: 7,1,2,13
1. ***This song is about the interplay: male vocals with a rare female backing and two guitars playing off each other really well.
2. ***Has the southern sound but many a medieval reference (armor, dragon, etc.). Like shift at 3:00 where balance tips towards medieval.
3. Female vocalist in lead. Really twangy guitar in background.
4. A little slower, little deeper, and a little bit more personal. Nice drums.
5. Female vocals. Pattern of drawn out words. A little repetive me thinks.
6. Simultaneous male/female singing. Male seems like lead. Instruments give a rolling, up and down feel. Shaky singing complements backing.
7. ***Strong bridging drum rolls, accenting female vocals, feedbacky guitar all build off each other and come together well. Plus, best lyrics on album.
8. Female vocals dominate song. Simple construction. Sorta charming.
9. Strong echoing guitar strums. Good. But feel like could get a bit more emotion out of lead singer and guitar strums do get repetitive.
10. A little more down. Lonely. Feels like its brooding at some points. Vocals like #6—some nice harmonies going on. Really builds.
11. Female vocals. Faster beat and singing. Again has the darker feel to it. A purposefully clumsy guitar solo especially adds to this.
12. Male vocals very twangy. Female backing/harmony. Southern feel.
13. ***Story song. Some weak rhymes. But the interplay is especially good in this song. Group murmur backing—nice effect. Emotional.
|1.||Rede Army Blues||7.||In The Jaws Of The Lion|
|2.||Dragon Is The Mother Tongue||8.||The Widow's Man|
|3.||Emeralds||9.||The Wooden Hall|
|4.||Deliver Me||10.||I've Been A Child|
|5.||Shenandoah Morning Lullaby||11.||Pigeon Man|
|6.||Parallel Time||12.||The Darkest Blues|