Earzumba – Simulando un refugio (Old Gold)
Electroacoustic music leaning towards industrial noise and soundscapes. Each track is busy with lots of different, often dark/scary sounds going on but this is neither loud nor harsh. Vague voices and other samples, some guitar drones, and what sounds like street recordings. Reminds me a bit of Illusion of Safety. From Spain and one of the founders of the band the Reynolds.
1. Crunching static but quiet.
2. Blends with the first track with higher pitched noises and what sounds like guitar feedback and a drone.
**3. Ambient drifting sounds, lots of somewhat background or vague samples including voices. The track builds slowing into a busy dark collection of sounds. This is right out of a horror movie. Slowly quiets down.
4. Oscillating sounds that almost echo. Doesn’t change a lot, which isn’t a bad thing.
**5. Water sounds, vague echos that sound like machinery off in the distance, guitar sounds. Later add sounds made by a computer from an old sci-fi movie. Some sort of pounding, which reminds me of the sounds the pipes at KZSU make in the winter.
6. Sounds like the insides of a factory.
7. Along with the noise on this track and a big surprise are some guitar strums. Indie pop with noise?
8. More discernable guitar. Less noise than track 7.
9. One of the noisiest tracks.
10. The longest track and it goes through a number of changes/sections. Quiet sections, more vocal samples, factory sounds, you name it.
**11. Oh this is wonderful! It sounds like a manipulated recording of a street fair. Or multiple songs on top of each other along with street conversations. Ends with nearly 20 seconds of silence.
Good stuff. -mph