|Very Hush Hush, The / Mourir C'est Facile|
|Album:||Mourir C'est Facile||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Very Hush Hush, The||Added:||12/2005|
|Label:||Sao Bento Music|
|Add Date:||2006-02-19||Pull Date:||2006-04-23|
|Week Ending:||9 Apr||26 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb|
|1.||Oct 23, 2009:||The DJ Never Has It |
|4.||Apr 02, 2006:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|2.||Apr 23, 2006:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|5.||Mar 21, 2006:||Interim flow |
|3.||Apr 07, 2006:||Distraction-Limited |
|6.||Mar 19, 2006:||angsty alcohol |
Textured electro goth, with industrial sensibilities. Layered laptop-textured post-rock combined with some mid-80s melancholy mod-rock. The production is thick with layered sounds, Robert Smith inspired-vocals, and Trent Reznor sentiments percolating up through the haunting digital haze. To die may be easy but not when you’ve got TVHH. No FCCs.|
Favorites: 2, 4, 5, 9
1. Chill opener, lush synch’d ethereal vox and cracklin’ synth (instrumental)
**2. Rollicking good time in the space between an industrial rock concert and London dance club
3. Darker dynamic ditty, hints of Marilyn Manson
*4. Solid rocker, bouncing between desperate lows and harmonized highs (watch for the sudden break @ ~20secs in)
*5. Slow, sometimes plodding, mostly hushed…grainy layers of synth build toward crescendo, then spin into dreamy longing.
6. Heavy on drums and piano with occasional flaring digichords…dark angst.
7. Spacey interlude (instrumental)
8. Gentler, more straightforward slow dance song from a re-imagined 80s prom.
*9. If Psychedelic Furs had laptops and a penchant for atmospherics (slows mid-way through in a hushed vocal ocean)
10. Brooding with faux violin mingled with the digital onslaught. More Cure-like, almost too digital.
|2.||Slow Destroyer||7.||Mourir C'est Facile|
|3.||Eyes Become Rooms||8.||Love, Like Love|
|5.||The City Light||10.||Coup De Main|