|Calexico And Iron & Wine / In The Reins|
|Album:||In The Reins||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Calexico And Iron & Wine||Added:||01/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-01-08||Pull Date:||2006-03-12|
|Week Ending:||12 Mar||5 Mar||26 Feb||19 Feb||12 Feb||5 Feb||29 Jan||22 Jan|
|1.||Feb 03, 2016:||funk to fiddle |
|4.||Sep 30, 2014:||funk to folk |
Burn That Broken Bed, Red Dust
|2.||Nov 05, 2015:||Funk to Fiddle |
A History Of Lovers
|5.||Oct 26, 2011:||The Show with T-Lex and Lil Lolo |
He Lays In The Reins
|3.||Oct 01, 2015:||funk to folk |
|6.||Aug 05, 2011:||Music Casserole |
Sixteen Maybe Less
Whispered neo-folk singer songwriter mixed with southwestern indie rock. Iron & Wine is mostly acoustic guitar, banjo, slide guitar and vocals. Calexico is more of a rock set up plus pedal steel slide guitar, trumpets, marimba. So combine all that instrumentation and that’s what you have here. I’m not sure I think Calexico adds anything on some of the songs here, but in my book Iron & Wine basically can’t do anything wrong. |
My picks: 1, 5, 7 FCC: 3
1. med-slow 6/8. nice pedal steel guitar. Spanish (Italian?) operatic singing.
2. slow. nice pedal steel guitar. banjo and harmonica later on.
3. FCC (“fuck ‘em” 2x) medium tempo. Nice harmonies. trumpets
4. slow-ish, bluesy guitar riff. organ. speeds up. mostly instrumental/ solo. Slow w/ vocals again at the end.
5. med-slow and soft. lots of nice harmonies and slide guitar.
6. medium tempo. muted trumpet(s).
7. slow. prominent acoustic guitar. marimba and piano in the background
|1.||He Lays In The Reins||4.||Red Dust|
|2.||Prison On Route 41||5.||Sixteen Maybe Less|
|3.||A History Of Lovers||6.||Burn That Broken Bed|
|7.||Dead Man's Will|