Local SF band (3 guys, 1 gal). Born out of KZSU playlists, the Fucking Ocean is a collage of influences ranging from Fugazi and the Fall to Erase Errata and Electrelane. A post-punk, post-90s sound with repetitive riffs and occasional angularities. These guys all rotate on instruments like a co-ed volleyball team . Some people say that their music is like you wanna dance to it, but they don’t let you cuze they keep fucking with your head. Others have said that their energy is such that it feels like their music is going to fall apart at any second now but somehow it stays together. Whatever it is... there’s some decent energy and good ideas here. But I am in this band, and so I am biased. See what you think.
Play: 3, 4, 1, 5
1. This was inspired by Electrelane. French lyrics about dead poets and philosophers.
2. FCC! An angry piece about the Bush administration and their abuse of the word freedom
3. Most people's favorite. Gargling guitar angularity interchanged with catchy melodies. Cool vocal interplays. An anti-death penalty epos.
4. Keyboard, repetitive guitar riffs and post-punk angularity inspired by the Notekillers and Sonic Youth. A Fugazi-esque break in the middle.
5. Thumping bass line and angular guitar lines. Erase Errata meets Liliput (vocals).