|Jackson And His Computer Band / Smash|
|Artist:||Jackson And His Computer Band||Added:||Jan 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-01-15||Pull Date:||2006-03-19||Charts:||RPM/Electronica, Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||Feb 26||Feb 5|
|1.||Feb 11, 2014:||The Doldrummer |
|4.||Jul 11, 2013:||The Doldrummer |
|2.||Aug 22, 2013:||The Doldrummer |
|5.||Jan 10, 2013:||Franxisco Brouillard Must Stash |
|3.||Jul 18, 2013:||The Doldrummer |
|6.||Dec 11, 2012:||Electrowave |
Brokebeat/Cut-up IDM. Lots of clipped beats, heavy bass, and squeaky synths. This isn't an album that wants to be taken very seriously, as evidenced by some of these tracks being informed by video game music and cheesy 80s action film soundtracks. The album's lack of diversity becomes apparent about half-way through, but individual tracks are all pretty good. 11 is only for people who enjoy drill-n-bass, "Headache" is an appropriate name. Picks: 1, 3, 6. FCC Indecent Track 6.|
Somewhat reminiscent of Jason Forrest, though not nearly as maximal, nor sample-heavy. See also: Mouse on Mars.
1)** Harsh breaks, clipped female vocal sample. Heavy.
2) Similar to track 1, more 80's vocal, darker.
3)** Dark, but playful brokebeat.
4) ~1min of looping synth. Music for a Nintendo RPG plot point.
5) Plodding/marching beat with sample of a child reading a story
6)** Silly sinister spoken word lyrics, breaks to hard pounding beat in last minute. "Fuck You" FCC Indecent
7) Breakbeat & mournful piano.
8) Instrumental intro with Michael-Jackson feel -- synth, plip-plop noises, beats -- last 45s outro loop is great.
9) 21s track, enjoyable guitar + synth. "Promo," would actually make a pretty good soundbed.
10) As chill & tropical as brokebeat can be.
11) Vert mechanical, harsh track. Lively. Drill-n-Bass like hard AFX or Squarepusher.
12) Music for a bonus stage in a futuristic racing game for the sega genesis. Upshifting video-game engine drone throughout. (1:11)
13) Random -- D'n'B-style fmale vocals, squeaky bouncy beats, very 80s/theatrical. Suddenly loses energy with 1:20 to go.
14)* Most varied track, pulls together all the tricks used elsewhere on this album -- DnB, glitch, breakbeat, video-game. Actual ending at 4:30.
|1.||Utopia||8.||Teen Beat Ocean|
|6.||Tv Dogs (Cathodica's Letter)||13.||Fast Life|
|7.||Hard Tits||14.||Radio Caca|