|Calvin Johnson / Before The Dream Faded...|
|Album:||Before The Dream Faded...||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-02-19||Pull Date:||2006-04-23|
|Week Ending:||23 Apr||16 Apr||9 Apr||2 Apr||26 Mar||19 Mar||12 Mar||5 Mar|
|1.||May 04, 2006:||sadness and the fury |
|4.||Apr 04, 2006:||lick my moody guitar show |
|2.||Apr 20, 2006:||Eran Mukonaughey (Aboriginal techno) |
|5.||Mar 28, 2006:||lick My moody Guitar |
|3.||Apr 11, 2006:||Scatterbrain |
|6.||Mar 24, 2006:||college radio? |
I'm Down, Rabbit Blood
Dark, baritone indie rock. Former lead singer of Beat Happening keeps his signature baritone with this collection of dark songs. The lyrics are pretty funny, and there's minimal instrumentation around them, so they are easy to decipher. Sounds a lot like the Magnetic Fields, both the deep vocals and strange & varied instrumentation. These songs are all pretty weird, and most people will not find them appealing on first listen. FCC Clean. Picks: 2,6,9.|
1. Ludicrously bassy vocals, chime-y accompaniment. Female vocals compliment this really well ~2:20.
**2. Rockabilly with atonal vocals, bass-heavy. "Rabbit Blood" is a funny chorus.
3. Lo-fi vocals, clinking metal (chain gang) accompaniment throughout. No other instruments until 1min in. Plodding, bluesy.
4. Deep metallic guitars, borderline vegas lounge vocal delivery. Occasional guitar freak outs.
5. Soulful vocals, mainly snaps for accompaniment, some congo drums. Last minute is instrumental (deep sax?)
**6. Funny strutting song, lots of drums, full band in last 2 minutes. Very Magnetic Fields.
7. Jazzy horn intro & throughout, heavily echoed vocals. CJ meets New Orleans Jazz.
8. Breezy acoustic guitar, most melodic vocals here. A love song.
**9. Upbeat poppy guitar riff against heavy bass, opening verse is funny. 5 seconds of silence @ end.
10. Vocals are low the mix, follows the lone picked resonating guitar. Weakest track.
|1.||When Hearts Turn Blue||6.||I'm Down|
|2.||Rabbit Blood||7.||The Leaves Of Tea|
|3.||Red Wing Black||8.||Your Eyes|
|5.||I Am Without||10.||When You Are Mine|