|Cantuaria, Vinicius / Silva|
|Add Date:||2006-03-12||Pull Date:||2006-05-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||2 Apr||19 Mar|
|1.||Oct 15, 2019:||Global Ginga |
India, A Felicidade, Pena De Mim, The Bridge
|4.||Mar 17, 2006:||The Southern World |
|2.||Feb 11, 2011:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|5.||Mar 17, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum |
Saudades De Voce
|3.||Mar 28, 2006:||at the Cafe Bohemian |
VINICIUS CANTUÁRIA – “Silva” |
BRAZIL – Another beautiful album from the great singer-songwriter. Cantuaria brings a modern feel to his sambas and acoustic pop songs – he’s worked closely with Ryuichi Sakamoto and Arto Lindsay. On this disc he sings, plays guitars and adds some miscellaneous loop textures, with most of the songs also featuring percussion and/or strings. All very very nice.
All good. Fo’s picks: 1, 3, 5, 8, 9
1. 5:18 – midtempo, melancholy with floating strings and good percussion.
2. 4:34 – mellow, in English, VC plays all instruments. Catchy/haunting chorus.
3. 4:01 – upbeat modern bossa, quick vocal delivery, soulful chorus, flugelhorn
4. 4:42 – ballad with spanish guitar touches and dramatic strings, strange ending
5. 3:23 – cute retro ditty with muted trumpet, electric piano break
6. 3:43 – relaxed & informal feel, English vox. Interesting rhythmic breaks.
7. 5:04 – loping ballad with a spare, non-Brazilian Latin feel; trumpet & elec guitar
8. 4:38 – Jobim bossa classic, coasts along but with a slight drag/undercurrent
9. 4:48 – sort of a bossa-march, slow & steady. Sweet vocal but a heavy feel.
10. 1:52 – nifty electronic loop background, aching strings, brief bossa melody
11. 4:11 – relaxed lopsided ballad, vox half in English, VC plays all instruments.
|1.||A Dor||6.||Evening Rain|
|3.||The Bridge||8.||A Felicidade|
|4.||Pena De Mim||9.||Alegria|
|5.||Saudades De Voce||10.||Nunca Mais|