|Diaz, Miguel "Anga" / Echu Mingua|
|Artist:||Diaz, Miguel "Anga"||Added:||Feb 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-02-26||Pull Date:||2006-04-30||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 23||Apr 16||Apr 9||Apr 2||Mar 12||Mar 5|
|1.||Feb 11, 2022:||At the Cafe Bohemian (rebroadcast from May 10, 2017) |
|4.||Apr 11, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
A Love Supreme
|2.||May 10, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|5.||Apr 07, 2006:||No Cover, No Memory |
A Love Supreme
|3.||Apr 17, 2006:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Apr 04, 2006:||Blues at the Cafe Bohemian |
This Cuban percussionist (co-founder of Irakere) blends Latin jazz with hip-hop, African rhythms, turntables, and various other sounds. His debut album as a bandleader is seriously cool. It’s a glorious mix, spiced up with guests like Orlando “Cachaito” Lopez, Baba Sissoko, and Dee Nasty. Along the way he covers Coltrane & Monk. Sophisticated music that deserves a pitcher of martinis and more than a few hits of the “repeat” button. I love it all – play it, play it all!|
1. Short, like a band tuning up. Percussion, unclear vox. Can go into 2
2. Starts mid w/distant vox/perc. Turntables & more perc/piano.
3. Way cool mid. danzon. Afro-Cuban jazz for the 21st century.
4. Upbeat blend of Cuba & Mali featuring perc, vocals, sound effects.
5. A sexy groove w/great piano/perc. Relaxed, serious seduction.
6. Mid/up Latin jazz perc jam w/ subtle underlying turntables.
7. Trio (bass/flute/congas). Relaxed w/a serious improve feel. Cool.
8. A Monk classic w/congas instead of piano. Strings. Too short.
9. Short drum jam. Fast, can go right into 10.
10. Upbeat, quirky & so cool. Piano/strings/perc/bandoneon. Yum!
11. Fast blend of turntables/perc/flute/bass. Nice energy, great sound.
12. Fast, hot party song. Horns/vox/perc. Crazy energy. Dance!
13. A street sort of carnival sound. Midtempo w/nice call-response.
|1.||San Juan Y Martinez||7.||Dracula Simon|
|3.||Pueblo Nuevo||9.||Jerry's Tune|
|4.||Tume Tume||10.||Oda Maratima|
|5.||A Love Supreme||11.||Freeform|
|6.||Grandinga Mondongo Sandunga||12.||Conga Carnaval|