|Alizadeh, Hossein & Djivan Gasparyan / Endless Vision: Persian And Armenian Songs|
|Album:||Endless Vision: Persian And Armenian Songs||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Alizadeh, Hossein & Djivan Gasparyan||Added:||Feb 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-04-30||Pull Date:||2006-07-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jun 18||Jun 11||Jun 4||May 28||May 21||May 14||May 7|
|1.||Jan 15, 2018:||In Your Ear Radio - Thank You MLK! |
|4.||Sep 12, 2017:||In Your Ear Radio - Post 9/11 (In 2017) |
|2.||Nov 13, 2017:||In Your Ear Radio - A Quite Surreal Morning |
|5.||Aug 18, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio | Early Special Edition |
|3.||Oct 04, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian In Your Ear |
|6.||Aug 11, 2015:||In Your Ear Radio |
ALIZADEH & GASPARYAN – “Endless Vision” |
World Village, 2006
Traditional Persian and Armenian music meet in this stunning live performance (in Tehran, 2003). Hossein Alizadeh, who has a long and distinguished resume in classical and modern work, plays a lute called a shurangiz. Djivan Gasparyan is a master of the duduk flute and does a lot of movie soundtrack work in addition to the more standard fare. The two are supported by the seven-piece Hamayavan Ensemble (vocals, drums, flutes, oud). Beautiful, if often sad.
Fo’s Picks: 1, 3, 4
1. 22:13 – relaxed, meditative and haunting: starts with atmospheric strumming, flute comes in at 4 minutes, followed by drums and slow, moaning, overlapped vocals. It’s long, but worth the investment. Just gorgeous!
2. 03:07 – mournful improvised flute solo over a quiet drone.
3. 07:40 – wow. lovely vocals and gently marching rhythm, intoxicating.
4. 08:00 – surging mid/uptempo instrumental, a galloping caravan on the Silk Road.
5. 05:56 – low flutes and a rough-edged solo vocal; lots of space, lonely sound
6. 06:02 – solo improvisation on shurangiz: fluttery at some times, forceful at others
7. 06:36 – big strum & drum theme, perky vocal ensemble; slashing & dramatic
[Fo] - 4/28/06
|1.||Birds||4.||Call Of The Birds|
|3.||Sari Galin||6.||Shurangiz Improvisation|
|7.||Tasnif Parvaneh Sho...|