|Alizadeh, Hossein & Djivan Gasparyan / Endless Vision: Persian And Armenian Songs|
|Album:||Endless Vision: Persian And Armenian Songs||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Alizadeh, Hossein & Djivan Gasparyan||Added:||02/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-04-30||Pull Date:||2006-07-02||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Jun||11 Jun||4 Jun||28 May||21 May||14 May||7 May|
|1.||Mon, 15 Jan 18:||David Bug|
In Your Ear Radio - Thank You MLK!
|4.||Tue, 12 Sep 17:||David Bug|
In Your Ear Radio - Post 9/11 (In 2017)
|2.||Mon, 13 Nov 17:||David Bug|
In Your Ear Radio - A Quite Surreal Morning
|5.||Tue, 18 Aug 15:||David Bug|
In Your Ear Radio | Early Special Edition
|3.||Wed, 04 Oct 17:||David Bug|
At the Cafe Bohemian In Your Ear
|6.||Tue, 11 Aug 15:||David Bug|
In Your Ear Radio
ALIZADEH & GASPARYAN – “Endless Vision” |
World Village, 2006
Traditional Persian and Armenian music meet in this stunning live performance (in Tehran, 2003). Hossein Alizadeh, who has a long and distinguished resume in classical and modern work, plays a lute called a shurangiz. Djivan Gasparyan is a master of the duduk flute and does a lot of movie soundtrack work in addition to the more standard fare. The two are supported by the seven-piece Hamayavan Ensemble (vocals, drums, flutes, oud). Beautiful, if often sad.
Fo’s Picks: 1, 3, 4
1. 22:13 – relaxed, meditative and haunting: starts with atmospheric strumming, flute comes in at 4 minutes, followed by drums and slow, moaning, overlapped vocals. It’s long, but worth the investment. Just gorgeous!
2. 03:07 – mournful improvised flute solo over a quiet drone.
3. 07:40 – wow. lovely vocals and gently marching rhythm, intoxicating.
4. 08:00 – surging mid/uptempo instrumental, a galloping caravan on the Silk Road.
5. 05:56 – low flutes and a rough-edged solo vocal; lots of space, lonely sound
6. 06:02 – solo improvisation on shurangiz: fluttery at some times, forceful at others
7. 06:36 – big strum & drum theme, perky vocal ensemble; slashing & dramatic
[Fo] - 4/28/06
|1.||Birds||4.||Call Of The Birds|
|3.||Sari Galin||6.||Shurangiz Improvisation|
|7.||Tasnif Parvaneh Sho...|