|Pudding Attack / Lightning Bolt Glamour|
|Album:||Lightning Bolt Glamour||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Pudding Attack||Added:||Feb 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-06-11||Pull Date:||2006-08-13|
|Week Ending:||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 9||Jul 2||Jun 25||Jun 18|
|1.||Jul 19, 2006:||Brownian Motion |
The Way Things Used To Be
|4.||Jun 28, 2006:||Ocean of Sound |
|2.||Jul 11, 2006:||How Many Licks Does It Take, Mr. Owl? |
|5.||Jun 27, 2006:||Radio Of Imagination |
Fast Or Slow
|3.||Jul 05, 2006:||brownian Motion |
She's A Nymph When She Talks
|6.||Jun 24, 2006:||Epic Soundtracks |
Retro sci-fi psychedelic synth-dance. Male vocals (often through a megaphone) sometimes reminiscent of Lou Reed, plus two synths and an electric bass. Very tongue in cheek and very cool. Debut from this trio from Oklahoma City. Play with Quintron, Phantom Limbs, Lost Sounds, Electronicat, Har Mar Superstar. FCC: 4. All tracks f’ing excellent. Start with 2, 7, 8.|
1. High energy and frenetic.
==> 2. Soporific, minimal, messy, and loungey. Reminiscent of early Pere Ubu.
3. Psych R&B with megaphone vocals. Borderline FCC indecent? “...her tits are fake.”
4. FCC indecent: “She hates the fuckin’ jocks.” (Plus other suggestive but not explicit lyrics.) Mid-slow. Angular bass figure. Minimal. Spooky vocal delivery and lyrics. Great song. Mute the nasty part and play it.
5. Jazzy sci-fi lounge pop. Megaphone vocals.
6. Mid-tempo, very dancey.
==> 7. Very sci-fi and very danceable. Drum roll ending.
==> 8. Retro organ dance pop. British ‘60s feel, except for sardonic vocal delivery.
9. Dark & messy synth dance. Megaphone vox.
10. 5/4 time to start (with multiple time changes), spooky, minimal ballad. Spoken vocals.
11. Fuzz bass, multilayered keyboards.
12. Zombie lounge. Minimal instrumentation, ominous megaphone vox. Starts with drums, then synth.
|1.||The Way Things Used To Be||7.||Fast Or Slow|
|2.||Cali's Beach||8.||Kinky Kat|
|3.||Washed Up||9.||Sweet Louise|
|4.||She's A Nymph When She Talks||10.||Incredible Dreams|
|5.||Paint My Mind||11.||Cocaine Cafe|
|6.||The Hairy Caterpiller||12.||Acid Rain|