|Gogogo Airheart / Rats! Sing! Sing!|
|Album:||Rats! Sing! Sing!||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Gold Standard Laboratorie|
|Add Date:||2006-03-26||Pull Date:||2006-05-28|
|Week Ending:||28 May||21 May||7 May||30 Apr||23 Apr||9 Apr||2 Apr|
|1.||Apr 16, 2008:||Radiophonic |
|4.||May 16, 2006:||Radio Of Imagination |
|2.||May 25, 2006:||The Sad Men's Club |
The Big Girl Of Beauty
|5.||May 06, 2006:||sound and the fury |
|3.||May 23, 2006:||America's Least Wanted |
|6.||May 02, 2006:||eclectica |
Lie With The Lamb, Rats
Raw, high-energy indie rock. Lo-fi. Very punky and very funky. Think Red Hot Chili Peppers/Velvet Underground/Clash/Pavement hybrid. Love this voice—can feel the passion behind it. A high whiny guitar. Very funky baselines. The better songs are wonderfully melodic, and enchantment only grows with repeat listens. This music is good, gritty, and more than anything feels sincere. Use piano well too. Short songs.|
FCC Clean. Start with: 4,2,5,7,11 (but really whole album deserves a listen)
1. Album’s title track. Piano and drums are driving instruments. Weird song. trippy electronics in the middle. Different from rest of CD. I liked it.
2. ***Great guitar hook. Solid beat drives whole song. Love bridge @ 2:00.
3. Lots of feedback. Dire voice. Crashing drums. Nice 15 sec. guitar ending.
4. ***Great song. Really catchy guitar. Great bass lines. Everything that makes this song good makes this album. Voice goes great with feedback.
5. ***A blissful 41 sec. Shortness serves purpose too. Nice backing high notes.
6. Nice guitar-bass interplay. Strong drum beat. Piano adds a lot to song.
7. ***More somber voice. Raw, shredding guitar. This song tears at you.
8. Very different sound to this song. Piano and all feedback result in very haunting feel. Disorienting. Mangled, distorted vocals. Again like the change.
9. Drum, bass driven. Desperate vocals. Started loving (esp. end) on 3rd listen.
10. 0:32. A non-track. Just some mangled noises.
11. ***Great backing vocals “Ooohs” add fullness and whispering work great too. Really liked the chorus section of this song.
12. 1:18. Great short song. Really good percussion and singing.
13. 1:30. Another great short song. Haunting voice in this one.
14. Bit trippy. Echoing voice. A raw Pink-Floyd? Got a spinning/circular feel.
15. Muffled feedback voice. Like the bass a lot.
|2.||Lie With The Lamb||9.||Taxi Up|
|3.||Burn It Down||10.||Tin Pie|
|4.||So Good||11.||Heart On A Chain|
|6.||The Big Girl Of Beauty||13.||Come To My House|
|7.||Shake It Off||14.||Turn Out The Lights|