World blues/roots music from a locally-based guitarist/singer who seems to have adopted Mali as his spiritual homeland. This release has 7 new tracks and the rest are selections from his previous CDs. Accompanied by calabash (traditional gourd percussion). Tracks range from soaring blues to more rock-based, but it’s all Memphis by way of Timbuktu. Cool stuff for fans of both world and blues.
*1. Cool guitar/calabash, mid/down like an African Howlin Wolf.
*2. Whispery vocals, spare guitar, spooky downtempo.
*3. Fairly straight blues moan guitar/harp/perc. Downtempo.
4. Driving guitar w/a blues/Afro rock sound. Mid/uptempo.
5. Cool, lowdown, midtempo blend of perc/voices/guitar.
6. Short & relaxed blend of whispery vocals/guitar/soft perc.
*7. Lowdown guitar/soft vocals, lowkey tribute to Skip James.
8. Nicely cool Afro funk blues, mid/uptempo. Chorus.
*9. Nicely scratchy vox/mditempo blues w/great guitar.
10. Lowkey vocal duet w/cool percussion accents.
11. Raw vox/guitar, harp. Lowkey and lowdown.
12. Is that a flute? Downtempo guitar/vox/perc blend.
13. Driving midtempo blues w/extra guitar goodness.